Oatmeal Raisin Protein Balls
These No-Bake Oatmeal Raisin Protein Balls are the perfect sweet treat, MINUS the guilt! These energy balls are packed with almond butter, oats, flax seed, raisins, and a touch of cinnamon.
You guys went crazy for my No-Bake Energy Bites, so I knew I needed to make a fun variation of that recipe.
No-Bake Protein Balls
There are so many things I love about these energy bites.
- They taste amazing!
- A snack that’s EASY to make. Like 15 minutes tops.
- I’m a huge fan of PORTABLE healthy snacks, so this recipe is a must!!
- They fill you up!
These healthy almond butter balls provide you with happy ENERGY (not the sluggish kind you get after eating sugar… followed by a sugar crash).
Also, major bonus that they taste like a delicious oatmeal raisin cookie!
Ingredients in Energy Balls
- Old Fashioned rolled oats
- Ground flax seed
- Almond Butter
Bonus: these power balls are paleo friendly!
How to make Protein Balls
- Add the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Portion the dough into bite size pieces and then place them on a baking sheet or plate.
- Set the baking sheet (or plate) in the fridge or freezer to set. This will take anywhere from 20-25 minutes.
- That’s it!
Pro tip: After mixing the dough together, you might find that it’s a tad sticky. If this is the case, simply cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set it in the fridge for 15 minutes. Then, remove the bowl from the fridge and continue rolling the dough into bite size balls.
Doing this simply sets the dough a bit, so that the dough doesn’t stick to your hands as much. I didn’t have this problem, but if you do you’ll know how to troubleshoot!
If on the other hand the balls are a tad dry, often due to climate, add more almond butter or a touch of honey.
How to store Oatmeal Protein balls
Energy bites, or protein balls should be stored in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the refrigerator or freezer.
How long do protein balls last?
They’ll keep for 1-2 weeks in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Whether you’re a mom or dad looking for healthy snack options for your kids, or a busy business man on the go, these are for you!
Add them to your lunch box, purse, or carry-on bag; you’ll be amazed at how addicting and completely satisfying these healthy bites are.
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER’S NEWSLETTER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
No-Bake Oatmeal Raisin Protein Balls
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Mix to combine.
- Roll into 1-1 ½ inch size balls. *
- Place the energy bites on a baking sheet or plate, and freeze or refrigerate until fully set, about 20-30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.