Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Moist, pillowy soft, and FLAVORFUL Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies! These cookies are loaded with your favorite fall spices nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. These cookies are a family favorite and perfect for fall!
It’s the best time of the year! Yes, it’s pumpkin season!
Pull out those cans of pumpkin you’ve had sitting in your pantry over the last 8 months, grab the ground cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and pumpkin pie spice and lets get baking!
I have some delicious (some healthy, some not) recipes in store for you this fall. Lets kick it off with these delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, shall we!?
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are my weakness! I’m not kidding. I will devour these if I’m not careful. They are highly addictive! These pumpkin cookies are soft, fluffy, oh-so flavorful (!!), and they have chocolate in them! What more could you want?
An added bonus, aside from having a delicious pumpkin dessert, is the smell of the spices and pumpkin baking in the oven! It makes the house smell all sorts of wonderful!
For added convenience, I have a short video you can watch that showcases me (and my 3 year old) making these cookies!
How to make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Begin by combining the dry ingredients in a bowl. (Pictured below).
- Then whisk to combine those dry ingredients. You want everything evenly incorporated!
- Next, you’ll beat the eggs and sugar together until they are pale in color. Add the oil, pumpkin, and vanilla.
- With the mixer speed on low you’ll add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- All that’s left is to do is add delicious chocolate chips to the batter!
- Scoop onto a baking sheet. Bake. Cool. And eat up!
Can you freeze pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?
- Oh yes you can! After you’ve baked all of the cookie dough, go ahead and place the completely cooled cookies in a zip top bag and freeze for 3 months.
- I highly doubt you’ll have leftovers to freeze, but if for some reason you have a lot of self control (and you don’t eat the entire batch) then yes, freeze those cookies and enjoy them on a later day!
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect fall dessert! Make a batch and watch them disappear.
Be sure to check out more of my pumpkin recipes:
If you try my recipes, come back and leave a comment on my blog, I love hearing from you!
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes and newsletters delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
Moist, fluffy, and flavorful pumpkin cookies loaded with delicious chocolate chips! These cookies are a family favorite and perfect for fall (or any time of the year)!!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling. I use the Libby's pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices together. Set aside.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer (fitted with the paddle attachment) or hand beaters beat the eggs and sugar until smooth and lightened in color about 1 minute. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. On low speed mix in the oil, pumpkin, and vanilla until blended.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.
Scoop dough into 2 inch sized balls. Place on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on pan for 3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.