This celery smoothie is the perfect green smoothie for your breakfast or an afternoon snack. It’s packed with so many healthy greens such as spinach, kale and celery. The flavor is enhanced with apple, banana, honey and ginger for a green smoothie recipe that is super nutritious and delicious!
Why This Recipe Works
- Delicious flavor. You’re probably thinking, “Celery in smoothies?” Yes! Trust me that the additional ingredients mask the celery flavor so it isn’t so overpowering. All the nutritional benefits of celery without the stringy-ness or the bitter flavor!
- Easy breakfast smoothie. With just a few simple ingredients, this celery smoothie comes together in just 5 minutes! Make breakfast something that is nutritious, delicious and fast!
- Loaded with healthy ingredients. You’ll love this recipe not just for the flavor, but you’ll feel good about what you are eating, too! This is not only a delicious celery smoothie, but it’s also a delicious detox smoothie. Thanks to the kale, spinach, ginger, and celery, your body will be thanking you.
- Apple: Adding a green apple to the smoothie adds a nice, sharp and tart flavor to help mask the bitter of the celery.
- Banana: For flavor and texture.
- Honey: Adding a touch of honey brings out the sweetness in the apple and banana.
- Almond Milk: While you can use water instead, I like using almond milk for a little extra flavor.
- Ginger: Ginger adds a nice flavor to this smoothie, pairing well with the greens and the fruit. It also provides additional health benefits.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Ginger: If you like a strong ginger taste, do 2 tsp of fresh ginger; 1 tsp for mild ginger and 1 1/2 tsp for a happy medium. When using fresh ginger, be sure to peel off the outer skin. Use the edge of a spoon (like you would a peeler) to more easily peel the ginger.
For easier blending, add the liquid (almond milk, or water) to the blender first. Then continue with the remaining ingredients.
Add protein to the smoothie by including a bit of vanilla-flavored protein powder or plain Greek yogurt. This will adjust the flavor, so add to taste and have extra of the called-for ingredients in case you need to add a little bit more of this or that to balance things out.
Add chia seeds for additional fiber and antioxidants.
Storing: Store any leftovers in a tight sealed container, such as a glass jar with a lid. Will keep in the fridge for about 2 days. Add the smoothie and a little ice to a blender to create the smoothie texture again.
Freshly juiced and blended vegetables are best enjoyed soon after they are made.
Celery smoothies are good for you because celery benefits are high. Including vitamin K, A and C, celery helps reduce inflammation and help gut health.
Just like everything in life, we need balance. Eating celery won’t help you lose belly fat, but replacing sugary drinks or treats with something like this healthy celery smoothie can help your body by providing additional nutrients and telling your body that you don’t need all that excess sugar. The key is to keep an active, healthy and balanced lifestyle — which includes a variety of foods.
Yes! You can even mix things up and use different green smoothies. Green smoothies are great because they incorporate a bunch of healthy ingredients to get your morning started off right.
Related Drink Recipes
- 1/2 cup almond milk - or water, see notes
- 2 ribs celery - chopped
- 1 green apple - peeled and chopped (core removed and discarded)
- 1 large banana - frozen, need about 1 cup sliced bananas total
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger - grated (see notes)
- 2 cups baby spinach - lightly packed
- 1 cup baby kale - lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Add the almond milk, celery, apple, banana, ginger, spinach, kale, honey, and ice cubes to a blender. Blend until smooth.