Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri
If you’ve ever had a strawberry daiquiri before, then you already know that you’re in for a fruity treat. This Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri is icy cold and loaded with strawberry and lime flavor. This non-alcoholic version is a perfect drink for everybody to enjoy as they beat the summer’s heat.
Why This Recipe Works
- This strawberry daiquiri recipe is virgin, which means that it’s non-alcoholic. So pregnant women, kids, and those that simply want to avoid alcohol can all partake in a tasty drink without feeling left out.
- It’s made with fresh and frozen strawberries so the sweet fruity taste is abundant and the drink won’t become watered down like it would if you had used ice.
- Because we use frozen strawberries the drink is wonderfully thick and cold. The consistency is perfect and exactly like that of a daiquiri drink.
- Simple syrup: This is a mixture of water and sugar needed to help sweeten the drink. The sugar is dissolved into the water so that the sugar is well incorporated into the drink without changing the texture.
- Lime juice: Adding freshly squeezed lime juice will help to make our drink taste much fresher as well as help to keep the strawberry color nice and vibrant.
- Make the simple syrup: In a small saucepan, combine the ⅓ cup of granulated sugar with the ⅓ cup of water and stir together over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves. This should take about 3-4 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and transfer to the fridge to chill until cold.
- Measure out ⅓ cup of the simple syrup and add it to your high-powered blender. I use my Vitamix Blender.
- Add in the fresh strawberries, frozen strawberries, and lime juice.
- Blend everything together until smooth.
- Pour your drink into a tall glass and enjoy. (This recipe makes 1 tall cup or two smaller-sized servings.)
I’ve ordered several virgin strawberry daiquiris over the years and there are some creative toppings you can add to make your drink more fun. For example, adding whipped cream over the top is a delicious way to enjoy your frozen drink. You can also add a fresh lime slice or strawberry to the rim of your glass for garnish.
Using different flavored frozen berries would give you a change of flavor combinations. So feel free to try mixing it up with frozen mango, pineapple, or even blueberries.
Fruit Daiquiri drinks usually contain rum. Since we are making this a virgin strawberry daiquiri we didn’t add any alcohol. If you want some rum flavor you can add a splash of rum extract to the drink.
Alcoholic and Virgin versions of strawberry daiquiris are gluten free. Made with sugar, water, fruit and fruit juice this non-alcoholic version is totally gluten free.
If you find yourself without a blender you can also try to make this drink using a food processor. Another idea is to use a drink shaker to mix up all of the ingredients (excluding frozen strawberries) and then pour and serve over ice in a chilled glass. While it won’t be the same end results, they will still be tasty.
More Summer Drink Recipes
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Blue Raspberry Lemonade
- Non-Alcoholic Sangria
- Peach Punch
- Watermelon Juice
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a star rating and review.
Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups frozen strawberries - around 290 grams
- 1 cup fresh strawberries - hulled and sliced, but measured AFTER the strawberries have been sliced, mine was around 135 grams
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice - from 2-3 limes, depending on the size and juiciness
Make Simple Syrup
- Make simple syrup by adding 1/3 cup granulated sugar to 1/3 cup water in a small saucepan. Stir over medium high heat until sugar dissolves, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to the fridge to chill until cold. (This will make just shy of 1/2 cup of simple syrup).
Make the Drink
- Measure out 1/3 cup of the simple syrup and add it to a high-powered blender. Add the fresh strawberries, frozen berries, and lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy!