Pineapple Spinach Smoothie
This Spinach and Pineapple Smoothie is made with only 4 ingredients and has no sugar added! It’s the perfect healthy smoothie recipe to kickstart your morning.
I love making green smoothies because they are an easy breakfast and an easy way to get in healthy ingredients! Plus, my kids absolutely love them! Sneak in those greens and the kiddos don’t even taste them! For more delicious smoothie recipes, try my Green Protein Smoothie, Banana Peach Smoothie, and my Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie!
Why This Recipe Works
- Only uses 4 ingredients. This pineapple green smoothie only uses 4 ingredients! With just banana, spinach, pineapple and almond milk, you have a healthy pineapple spinach smoothie recipe!
- No sugar added. This easy pineapple spinach smoothie has no sweetener at all! No sugar, no honey, no agave, nothing! It leans on the sweetness from the pineapple and banana to provide that element.
- Almond Milk: I used unsweetened because I don’t think it needs the extra sweetness. If you’d prefer sweetened almond milk, you can use that!
- Fresh Spinach: I really pack in the spinach! You can use baby spinach or regular. I used fresh, raw spinach but you can use frozen if that’s what you have.
- Frozen Pineapple Chunks: If you have fresh pineapple and you want to use that, you can. I would recommend using at least one frozen ingredients in the spinach pineapple banana smoothie.
- Banana: If you want to use up any frozen banana, you’ll either need to use fresh or thawed pineapple or you’ll need additional almond milk due to the added frozen element.
- Blend ingredients. Add all the ingredients together in a smoothie and blend until it reaches a smooth texture. Pour into your favorite smoothie cups and serve immediately!
For a thicker smoothie use all frozen fruit (frozen banana and frozen pineapple). If doing this, you’ll probably need more almond milk or water. The smoothie will be a bit more diluted in flavor because of the extra liquid added. You can combat this by just using 1 frozen ingredient.
Feel free to use a different milk product if you’d like, including coconut milk, soy milk, oat milk, other non-dairy milk products or regular milk. If you opt for water, just note that the smoothie will be obviously more watery.
You can use sweetened almond milk if you want a sweeter flavor.
It doesn’t need it, but feel free to add some Greek yogurt to the pineapple spinach green smoothie for added flavor, protein, and fat.
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
Make this spinach and pineapple smoothie right before serving. It will melt quickly after. If you have leftovers, store in a freezer-safe container in the freezer. Let thaw a little and break into pieces, then add to the blender with a bit more milk to return to smoothie texture.
Yes you can! Use the milk you prefer: cow’s milk, cashew milk, soy milk, etc.
Yes you can! I would make sure you have at least one of the fruits either fresh or thawed or else you’d need extra liquid to get everything to blend in the blender.
Yes it is! This pineapple green smoothie only uses 4 ingredients: spinach, banana, pineapple, and almond milk! It doesn’t have any added sugar or sweeteners. It’s super healthy for you!
More Drinks and Smoothies
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Leave a rating and review or scroll below the recipe card and do so there.
Stay up-to-date by following us on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Pinterest.
Pineapple Spinach Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach - packed
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana - fresh or frozen, see note #1
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- For a really THICK smoothie use frozen banana and frozen pineapple. If doing this you’ll most likely need additional liquid. You can use more almond milk or water. If you go this route, the smoothie will be a bit more diluted in flavor because of the extra liquid needing to be added. You can combat this by just using 1 frozen ingredient.
One Comment on “Pineapple Spinach Smoothie”
Thank you so much!!!! I followed your smoothie recipe exactly, and the results are truly amazing. I printed this recipe and promptly stuck it in the fridge for my wife and me to use. Thank you again…