Grape Salad Recipe
Warning: this creamy Grape Salad recipe is highly addicting! Fresh grapes are topped with a creamy sauce, brown sugar, and toasted pecans. Take 1 bite and you’ll be hooked!!
Why you’ll love this recipe
I realize this recipe isn’t a new found discovery. I’m sure plenty of you have this recipe or a similar one tucked away in your recipe box. It’s a classic!
This is an easy to make recipe, takes 5-10 minutes (mostly depends on how long it takes you to remove the grapes from the vine), and requires basic ingredients.
- Grapes – you can use all red, all green, or a combination of both. You will need 4 lbs of seedless grapes. I always purchase grapes that are hard and firm because it makes for a better grape salad.
- Cream cheese – softened. Can use full fat or reduced fat. See “FAQ and tips” section for additional information.
- Sour cream – makes for a luxuriously creamy end result.
- Granulated sugar- there’s not a lot of sugar in this recipe because the grapes add a natural sweetness in and of itself.
- Vanilla extract – for flavor.
- Brown sugar – adding a some light brown sugar to the top of the salad before serving does magical things! The brown sugar slowly dissolves amongst the grape salad making for a *slightly* sweeter bite. It’s marvelous!
- Pecans – optional, but really good. The pecans add an additional crunchy element to the salad and a satisfying nutty flavor.
How to make Grape salad
- Make the creamy sauce. In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the mixture until smooth.
- Place the seedless grapes in a very large bowl.
- Fold the creamy mixture into the grapes.
- Garnish. Before serving sprinkle the top of the salad with brown sugar and chopped pecans.
FAQ and Tips
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Use full fat sour cream and cream cheese for thicker and creamer results. If you use a lower fat you risk the cane of the dressing getting a tad runnier.
- How much does this recipe make? A lot! 4 lbs of grapes worth. I usually half the recipe if I’m making it for my family. However, this is a great pot-luck recipe so if making it for more than 6 people, make the full batch (as written in the recipe card).
- Topping the grape salad with pecans and brown sugar is optional, if you’d rather not add chopped pecans to the top of the salad you can add toffee bits, chopped walnuts, or salted cashews. OR eat the salad without the toppings.
If you make a recipe from Salt & Baker, come back to leave a rating and review! Thank you!! xo
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 lbs seedless grapes - red or green, or a combination of both
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture until smooth.
- Place the grapes in a large bowl. Fold the creamy mixture into the grapes.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. When ready to serve, sprinkle the brown sugar overtop.
- Optional: garnish the top with chopped pecans for added crunch.