Caramel White Chocolate Cinnamon Dipped Pretzels
These Caramel White Chocolate Cinnamon Dipped Pretzels are the perfect snickerdoodle pretzels! The combination of crunchy pretzels, chewy caramel, sweet chocolate and hint of cinnamon is a flavor powerhouse that will keep you munching on one after another.
This holiday season, family and friends are gathering for holiday parties, Christmas tree lightings, and share holiday treats with each other. For more delicious holiday treats to share, try my Christmas Oreos, Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites or my Christmas Pretzel Hugs!
Why This Recipe Works
- Delicious white chocolate caramel pretzels. You’ll love the addition of the cinnamon sugar with these caramel white chocolate pretzels!
- Easy Christmas treat. Whip up a batch of these white chocolate cinnamon sugar pretzels for the holidays to share with family and friends.
- Easy snack recipe to scale up. If you are making lots to share, this is an easy salty snack to make in bulk!
- Pretzels: I used about 40 pretzels. You can use regular pretzels, pretzel thins or pretzel crisps, pretzel sticks or pretzel rods. Up to you!
- Caramel Squares: Use your favorite brand of caramel squares. You can use the Kraft Caramel Squares.
- White Chocolate: Feel free to use almond bark instead of melted white chocolate. You can also use white candy melts if you have that.
- Cinnamon Sugar: You don’t need that much cinnamon sugar, just a little bit! I used 1 1/2 T sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Feel free to make more if you want.
- Melt the caramel. Melt the caramel according to the package directions.
- Dip the pretzels. Dip each pretzel into the melted caramel, halfway through. Tap off excess. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet to set. Continue with all the pretzels. Chill in the fridge to set.
- Melt white chocolate. Melt the white chocolate or almond bark in a microwave-safe bowl until smooth.
- Dip caramel pretzels in melted chocolate and cinnamon mixture. Remove the pretzels from the fridge and dip in the white chocolate, tap off any excess chocolate, then into the cinnamon sugar. Place on the baking sheet to set. Continue with the remaining pretzels. Let set. Enjoy!
Be sure to watch the caramel and white chocolate when melting to make sure you don’t over cook it. This will affect the consistency.
Properly chill the caramel dipped pretzels before dipping in the white chocolate.
You’ll need to dip each pretzel in the white chocolate THEN in the cinnamon sugar mixture before moving on to the next pretzel. This will help so the cinnamon sugar will stick to the chocolate-covered pretzels before it sets.
Feel free to dye the white chocolate a festive color or you can even use red or green candy melts for the holidays.
You can top with sprinkles too if you’d like!
If you don’t want to fully dip the pretzels, you can place the pretzels on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and do a white chocolate drizzle, caramel drizzle and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar on top.
Place a handful of white chocolate cinnamon pretzels in little cellophane bags tied with ribbons for the perfect holiday gift for teachers, neighbors, friends, and family!
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
Make Ahead: You can make these cinnamon white chocolate pretzels in advance and store them.
Storing: These Caramel White Chocolate Cinnamon Dipped Pretzels will keep for up to 2 weeks. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Freezing: You can freeze these if you like them extra cold, or simply store them in the fridge. Otherwise, they will keep fine at room temperature.
You can use white chocolate chips if you’d like, just remember that chocolate chips have a coating on the outside to help them retain their shape. This will make them slightly harder to melt smoothly than regular baking chocolate.
Once the caramel-dipped pretzels have set in the fridge, use a spatula or a thin, flat utensil to carefully lift them off the parchment paper. If they are still sticking, you can gently slide a knife underneath each pretzel to release it from the paper.
Yes you can! In addition to the cinnamon sugar, you can add sprinkles, chopped nuts and more to these snickerdoodle pretzels.
More Holiday Treats
- No Fail Sugar Cookies
- White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- The Ultimate Christmas Cookie Roundup
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
Caramel White Chocolate Cinnamon Dipped Pretzels
- 40 pretzels
- 4 oz caramel squares
- 4 oz white chocolate - or almond bark (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Melt caramel according to package directions. Dip half of a pretzel in the caramel, tap off any excess. Place on parchment lined baking sheet (or wax paper lined). Continue dipping half of each pretzel in the caramel until you’ve used up all of the caramel. Transfer the pretzels to the fridge to chill/let caramel set.
- Melt almond bark or white chocolate in microwave safe bowl. Remove the caramel coated pretzels from the fridge.
- Dip the caramel coated half in the melted white chocolate, then dip white chocolate half into the cinnamon sugar mixture. Return the pretzel to the baking sheet until the white chocolate has set. Enjoy!