Never Fail Sugar Cookies
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Everyone needs a never fail sugar cookies recipe, and this is the PERFECT one! You get soft, fluffy, delicious sugar cookies every time! This recipe is fool-proof!
It’s time for holiday baking and I couldn’t be happier about it! ? Sugar cookies are a given when it comes to holiday baking.
Everyone makes them during the cold winter months and you should too!
This is my moms famous Never Fail Sugar Cookies recipe. Every time I make these sugar cookies they turn out perfectly! Soft, fluffy, and thick.
Although the cookies I show here are Christmas themed, you can use this never fail sugar cookie recipe for Halloween, Valentines Day, and Easter cookies.
After all, sugar cookies should be devoured multiple times a year. ?
A nice perk to this sugar cookie recipe is that you don’t have to chill the dough.
You can see in the recipe below I use 3 tsp of baking powder. The baking powder helps produce that big, soft, and fluffy sugar cookie everyone loves. However, if you’re using intricate cookie cutters I suggest you cut the cookies out, place them on a baking sheet and then chill the dough for 30 minutes. This will prevent the cookies from spreading as much.
How cute is this “Ugly Sweater” cookie cutter?!
The frosting recipe I included below is delicious! But feel free to use a tub of frosting from the grocery store. Life is busy and sometimes you just don’t want to make your own frosting… trust me, I get it!
Craving more? Check out these delicious cookie recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookies
SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
Never Fail Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Eggs
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons milk
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar. About 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Add the flour and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface (keep dough about 1/4" thick, or thicker if that's what you prefer). Use cookie cutters to cut into your desired shapes. Place on greased cookie sheet (you can also use parchment paper or a silicon baking mat).
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cookies.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter. About 1 minute. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. * Mix until it forms a thick frosting.
If you’re looking for cute cookie cutters here are some I recommend:
Christmas themed cookie cutters:
- Basic Christmas cookie cutters.
Halloween cookie cutters:
- I have this set, and love it!
Valentines Day cookie cutters:
- This one looks amazing!