No Fail Sugar Cookies
Everyone needs a no fail sugar cookies recipe, and this is the PERFECT one! You get soft, fluffy, delicious sugar cookies every time! This recipe is fool-proof!
Although the cookies I show here are Christmas themed, you can use this never fail sugar cookie recipe for Halloween, Valentines Day, and Easter cookies.
After all, sugar cookies should be devoured multiple times a year. ?
A nice perk to this sugar cookie recipe is that you don’t have to chill the dough.
You can see in the recipe below I use 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder. The baking powder helps produce that big, soft, and fluffy sugar cookie everyone loves. We also freeze the cut out sugar cookies for 10 minutes so that they go into the oven cold, this prevents overspreading.
It’s time for holiday baking and I couldn’t be happier about it! ? Sugar cookies are a given when it comes to holiday baking.
Everyone makes them during the cold winter months and you should too!
This is my moms famous Never Fail Sugar Cookies recipe. Every time I make these sugar cookies they turn out perfectly! Soft, fluffy, and thick.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla then mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour and baking powder), and mix until combined.
- Roll the dough out on a well floured surface. Cut into your desired shapes.
- Place the cut out cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and then freeze for 10 minutes prior to baking.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
More Cookie Recipes
- Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gingersnap Cookies
No Fail Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup salted butter - softened to room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Eggs - room temperature
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Add the flour and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface (keep dough about 1/4" thick, or thicker if that's what you prefer). Use cookie cutters to cut into your desired shapes. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.