These soft gingersnap cookies are spiced to perfection! You’ll be so glad you made these! I promise, you won’t find a better holiday cookie recipe!
I’m picky when it comes to my cookies, I want them *just* right. They have to be soft, but not doughy. They need to be on the thicker side and they definitely can’t be thin!
Well, I’ve perfected my gingersnap cookie recipe, and folks, these cookies are gooooood! My son, Bronson, adores these cookies.
Gingersnap cookies are the perfect holiday treat! Not only do they taste like the holidays, but an added bonus is that your house will be filled with the warm smells of cinnamon, cloves, and ginger.
What could be better?!
How to make Gingersnap Cookies:
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and molasses.
- Combine dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 1 hour. THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT! If you don’t refrigerate the dough, your cookies will spread and be flat. Chilling the gingersnap cookie dough ensures you’ll have a soft and thick cookie.
- Using a cookie scoop (I used this one) scoop the dough into 1 T. sized balls.
- Roll the tops of the cookies in granulated sugar.
- Refrain from eating all the cookies.
Craving more? Try these famous cookie recipes of mine:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
Soft Gingersnap Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, for rolling the dough in
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer cream together the butter and brown sugar, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg and molasses. Cream 1 minute more.
- In a medium size bowl whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Cover the bowl with the dough in it. Refrigerate for 1 hour*.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Using a 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the balls of dough. Dip the tops of the balls in the granulated sugar.
- Place balls, sugar side up, on a greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This post contains affiliate links.