Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
The BEST Double Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER! These cookies are ultra soft, thick, and chewy! The cookie base is a rich chocolate flavor and then studded with melty chocolate chips. They’re a chocolate cookie lovers dream!
There is no denying that these cookies are THE BEST Double Chocolate Chip Cookies out there! I’m not exaggerating at all. I made these when my close friend spent the weekend at my house a few weeks ago. She, myself, AND my son couldn’t stop eating the cookie dough or the cookies!
These cookies are perfectly fudgy. They taste like brownie cookies!
Let’s talk about these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies for a second…..
If you’ve been following my blog you’ll know I’m very picky when it comes to cookies. I like them just so. Read this post and you’ll see what I’m talking about. ? The cookie needs to be soft.
A soft cookie is CRUCIAL! (Pardon my excessive use of capital letters, but I’m so passionate about this recipe I figure if I capitalize more of these words you’ll understand just HOW GOOD these double chocolate chip cookies really are).
Wanna know what I love about this recipe? I use cream cheese, not butter.
Plus, you don’t need to chill this cookie dough. If you have a few minutes to spare you can get these cookies made, baked, and in your mouth within 20 minutes!
TWENTY MINUTES! In your mouth!
That’s basically the amount of time it takes to make my famous no-bake cookies. Which, if you haven’t made them yet, you’re missing out!! I have perfected the chocolate and peanut butter ratios so that the no-bake cookie tastes chocolaty but has a powerful punch of peanut butter.
Here is a quick video of me making these cookies
How to make the BEST Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Like most cookie recipes, whisk the dry ingredients together.
Mix the sugar and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. To make these delicious Chocolate Fudge Cookies, I use cream cheese not butter. I love how the cream cheese makes for a really soft and tender cookie. Then add oil, egg, and vanilla extract. The oil adds moisture and a nice richness to the cookie.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until everything is combined.
Add the chocolate chips and mix until they are incorporated. The dough will be thick, but don’t worry, the cookies are soft, thick, and chewy, which is exactly what we are aiming for.
Bake the cookies until they are set, about 9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container.
Still have a sweet tooth? Check out these chocolate dessert recipes:
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 7 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer combine the sugar and cream cheese. Beat on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg, oil, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
- Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop and scoop out dough. Place on the cookie sheet leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until set. Be careful not to over bake!
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.