Lemon Jello Cake
This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
To all of my lemon lovers, I have just the cake for you! Lemon Jello Cake is bursting with all the lemony flavor you could ever want! This recipe is easy… we use a box lemon cake mix and poke holes over the entire cake, drizzle lemon jello over top (which will seep into all the holes), and then glaze it with a lemon glaze. It’s one of the most delicious, cheery, and inviting cakes I’ve ever had!
What is Lemon Jello Cake?
This cake is made by drizzling a lemon jell-o mixture over a baked lemon cake; it’s then topped with a lemon glaze and chilled until cold. Yes, this cake is served cold and it’s delicious!
This cake is very lemony and extremely moist.
To make the lemon cake and the jell-o, you’ll need:
- 1 box of Lemon cake mix – and ingredients needed on back of the box to make the cake.
- 1-3 oz box lemon jell-o.
- 1 cup boiling water.
To make the lemon glaze you need:
- Lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- Melted butter – unsalted or salted butter.
How to make Lemon Jello Cake
- Bake the lemon cake. Follow the directions on the cake box to make the cake. Bake it in a 13″x9″pan. Let the cake cool.
- Pierce the cake with a fork, make sure you poke holes over the entire cake. You want lots of little holes so that the Jell-O mixture can seep through.
- In a large liquid measuring cup combine 1 cup of boiling water and the lemon Jell-O. Stir until the Jell-O powder has fully dissolved.
- Pour the Jell-O over the cake.
- Chill cake in the fridge to let the Jell-O set (1-2 hours).
- Make the glaze: whisk the lemon juice, powdered sugar, milk, and butter. Pour the glaze over the chilled cake.
- Chill the cake until the glaze has partially or fully set. Serve the cake cold, or around room temperature. Note: you can serve it soon after glazing the cake, but I suggest you chill the cake for at least 30 minutes after drizzling the lemon glaze overtop so that the glaze isn’t as runny.
I hope you make this cake, because I know you’ll go crazy for it!
When you make a recipe from Salt & Baker, make sure you come back to leave a review letting me know how you liked the recipe! Thank you! xoxo
And for those of you who are obsessed with lemon everything… 🍋 🙂
Most Amazing Lemon Recipes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake (a doctored up cake mix- tastes amazing btw).
- Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Lemon Ricotta Cookies
- Lemon Poppy Seed Scones
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Crumb Topping
Lemon Jello Cake
- 1 box Lemon cake mix and the ingredients needed on back of the box to make the cake
- 1 3 oz box lemon Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Bake the lemon cake as directed on the cake box (I make it into a 13x9 inch cake). Let the cake cool. Once cool poke the surface of the cake with a fork. You want lots of little holes so that the Jell-O can seep through.
- In a large liquid measuring cup combine 1 cup of boiling water and the lemon jell-o. Stir until the Jell-O powder has fully dissolved.
- Pour the Jell-O over the cake. Chill cake in the fridge to let the Jell-O set.
- Make the glaze: In a medium bowl whisk the lemon juice, powdered sugar, milk, and butter. Add more milk or more powdered sugar to get the glaze to a medium consistency, but not runny. The glaze should be white.
- Pour the glaze over the chilled cake, doing your best to get it drizzled over the cake evenly.
- Place back in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes or until the glaze has partially or fully set.
- Serve cold or close to room temperature.