This post may include affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Blueberry Crisp is the perfect spring and summer dessert! The blueberries are juicy and sweet, all while topped with the most amazing crumble!
Whenever I make fruit and berry crisps I have to make a little extra crumble. I’ve been doing this for ages now. I love the crumble! The texture of the oats, sweetness of the brown sugar, and the hint of cinnamon is perfection!
You know I made more crumble for this blueberry crisp recipe! In fact, the blueberry filling to crumble ratio is 1:1. Yes! You get the same amount of blueberry filling and crumble in every. Single. Bite. What more could you want in a berry crisp recipe?!
I made this crisp last year and my family and I loved it! I added a little more cornstarch to make the filling to make a tad thicker and less runny.
This blueberry crisp is so delicious and it’s sooooo easy to make!
Can you use frozen blueberries to make Blueberry Crisp
I had a lot of fresh blueberries on hand, so I opted to use those. However, I’ve made this blueberry crisp with frozen blueberries and the results are phenomenal.
How to make Blueberry Crisp
If you’re using fresh blueberries rinse them off, place them in a bowl and add the sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
Place the sugared blueberries in a baking dish. Now, prepare the crumble.
Once all of the ingredients have been added to the bowl, cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender.
Place the crumble over the blueberries. Now comes the hard part, waiting!
I highly recommend you serve this blueberry crisp warm with a side of cold vanilla ice cream. YUM! I need to make more of this stat.
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
- 4 cups fresh blueberries (frozen works too)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 (heaping) cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cubed (1 stick of butter)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray or butter a 9"x6" inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Mix to combine.
- Place the blueberry mixture into the prepared baking pan. Spread into an even layer. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl add the flour, oats, brown sugar, sat, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- Add the cold cubed butter. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the mixture until the butter is a tad larger than the size of peas.
- Evenly sprinkle the crumble mixture over the blueberries. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the crumble is golden brown and the blueberry juices are bubbling.
- Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream!