Grape Jelly Meatballs
Grape Jelly Meatballs are a traditional and versatile recipe! Not only are they dangerously DELICIOUS, they’re made in the crock pot AND you need only 4 ingredients! Have I sold you yet?!
With the Super Bowl just days away I thought it’d be the perfect time to share this recipe. I’ll even give you 3 reasons why you should make it for your next party/game day or dinner:
- This is an easy recipe. It requires minimal ingredients, 4 to be exact.
- You set it, and forget it. Simply place the ingredients in your slow cooker and you’re done.
- The meatball and sauce combo is incredibly flavorful; sweet with a hint of spicy… but not a lot of heat. You can control how spicy you want the meatballs by how much cayenne you add. In fact, you don’t even have to add the cayenne pepper. It’s totally optional.
These meatballs are tender, juicy, and sweet. We loved them so much, we made them twice in one week. They’re THE BEST!
Ingredients for grape jelly meatballs:
- Grape jelly.
- Chili sauce.
- Frozen (fully cooked) meatballs.
- Cayenne pepper (optional).
How to make Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Pour the chili sauce, grape jelly, and cayenne (if using) in a large crockpot. Whisk the ingredients until they are combined and smooth.
- It’s hard for grape jelly to reach a smooth consistency so don’t worry if it’s still a tad lumpy.
- Add the frozen meatballs to the sauce. I use the meatballs from Costco to make this recipe, they’re really good! But any frozen (fully cooked) meatballs will do.
- Once the meatballs have been added to the slow cooker, stir them into the sauce until they have been thoroughly covered.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
These meatballs can be served as an appetizer or paired with rice and a side of veggies for a complete meal.
How to store meatballs
Store the meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can freeze these grape jelly meatballs if you’d prefer. Place the cooled meatballs and sauce in an airtight container or ziplock bag and store in the freezer.
When ready to eat, remove them from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator. Warm the meatballs up in the crockpot or microwave.
Be sure to add this meatball recipe with grape jelly to your game day recipes arsenal!
If you like these grape jelly meatballs, try these game day recipes:
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
Traditional grape jelly meatballs are the perfect appetizer for game day or parties! These meatballs can also be served with rice and a side of veggies for a complete meal.
- 32 oz frozen, fully cooked meatballs about 50 meatballs
- 18 oz jar grape jelly
- 12 oz Chili Sauce
- pinch cayenne pepper
In a large slow cooker add the grape jelly, chili sauce, and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine. The sauce will be a tad lumpy because of the jelly, but do your best to whisk it until smooth.
Add the frozen meatballs to the sauce. Gently stir in the meatballs until fully coated by the sauce.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Or high for 2-3 hours.
Serve as an appetizer or over rice for a main dish.
A great variation would be to use BBQ sauce in place of the chili sauce.
You can make this recipe with homemade meatballs too. I suggest cooking the meatballs before placing them in the slow cooker. If you didn’t cook the meatballs the excess grease from the meat would be in the sauce.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting my website!