Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatballs
Crockpot Grape Jelly Meatballs are a traditional and versatile recipe! Not only are they dangerously DELICIOUS, they’re made in the crock pot AND you need only 4 ingredients! Have I sold you yet?!
Why This Recipe Works
- This is an easy recipe. It requires minimal ingredients, 4 to be exact.
- You set it, and forget it. Simply place the ingredients in your slow cooker and you’re done.
- The meatball and sauce combo is incredibly flavorful; sweet with a hint of spicy… but not a lot of heat. You can control how spicy you want the meatballs by how much cayenne you add. In fact, you don’t even have to add the cayenne pepper. It’s totally optional.
These meatballs are tender, juicy, and sweet. We loved them so much, we made them twice in one week. They’re THE BEST!
- Grape jelly.
- Chili sauce.
- Frozen (fully cooked) meatballs.
- Cayenne pepper (optional).
How to make Grape Jelly Meatballs
- Pour the chili sauce, grape jelly, and cayenne (if using) in a large crockpot. Whisk the ingredients until they are combined and smooth.
- It’s hard for grape jelly to reach a smooth consistency so don’t worry if it’s still a tad lumpy.
- Add the frozen meatballs to the sauce. I use the meatballs from Costco to make this recipe, they’re really good! But any frozen (fully cooked) meatballs will do.
- Once the meatballs have been added to the slow cooker, stir them into the sauce until they have been thoroughly covered.
- Cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
These meatballs can be served as an appetizer or paired with rice and a side of veggies for a complete meal.
How to store meatballs
Store the meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
You can freeze these grape jelly meatballs if you’d prefer. Place the cooled meatballs and sauce in an airtight container or ziplock bag and store in the freezer.
When ready to eat, remove them from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator. Warm the meatballs up in the crockpot or microwave.
Be sure to add this meatball recipe with grape jelly to your game day recipes arsenal!
- Turkey Meatballs
- Maple Bacon Popcorn
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- BBQ Pineapple Meatballs
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a rating and review, or scroll below the recipe card and do so there.
Grape Jelly Meatballs
- 32 oz frozen, fully cooked meatballs - about 50 meatballs
- 18 oz jar grape jelly
- 12 oz Chili Sauce
- pinch cayenne pepper
- In a large slow cooker add the grape jelly, chili sauce, and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine. The sauce will be a tad lumpy because of the jelly, but do your best to whisk it until smooth.
- Add the frozen meatballs to the sauce. Gently stir in the meatballs until fully coated by the sauce.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Or high for 2-3 hours.
- Serve as an appetizer or over rice for a main dish.