Greek Pasta Salad
Give your plain ole weeknight pasta dish a major makeover with this Greek Pasta Salad. Its’ flavors are bold, delicious, and refreshing.
It may come as a shock to some, but Greek food doesn’t have to be served in a pita. Which is wonderful news for those of us who are a bit short on time!
As the day comes to a close and 5pm rolls around, I’m always looking for quick and easy dinner recipes that take less than 30 minutes to make.
If I just described you, then good news! You can add this Greek Pasta Salad recipe to your dinner rotation and you and your family will be welcoming it with open arms!
Easy Greek Pasta Salad
To make this quick and easy Greek salad start by boiling a pot of water. Once the water is boiling add a few tablespoons of salt to the water.
Add 1 pound of noodles to the boiling water and cook the noodles until al dente. Drain the water and set the cooked pasta in a large bowl.
It’s now time to make the salad dressing.
Greek Pasta Salad Dressing
To a medium sized bowl add red wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, garlic clove, oregano, dill weed, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Whisk the salad dressing until everything is smooth and well combined.
If you aren’t using the salad dressing immediately, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
Assembling the Greek Pasta Salad
To achieve that undeniable Greek flavor we’re going to add a handful of fresh ingredients to the large bowl of pasta.
- Kalamata olives
- Grape tomatoes
- Red onions
- Feta cheese – a must for Greek food!
Once all of the ingredients are added to the pasta, drizzle the salad dressing overtop of everything and then toss to coat.
Tip: You can add diced avocado to this salad as well! I didn’t have one on hand, but feel free to add one if you’d like!
This pasta salad can be served immediately or you can place it in the fridge and serve it cold.
That’s one thing I love about this recipe is it’s versatility! It’s an easy recipe you can prep in advance and take to a barbecue or gathering.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
And don’t forget… SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER’S NEWSLETTER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb pasta cooked to al dente
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper about 1/2 a bell pepper
- 3/4 cup cucumber chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1/3 cup purple onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half and/or quarters
- 1/2-1 cup feta cheese for topping
- In a medium size bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing and whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside. *
- In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta, red pepper, cucumber, Kalamata olives, purple onion, and tomatoes. Drizzle the dressing over the pasta salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over the salad before serving.