Asian Peanut Noodles
I want to shout it from the rooftops that this Asian Peanut Noodles recipe is going to BLOW. YOUR. MIND.
I can’t get enough of it.
Why this recipe works
This dish is not lacking in flavor. “What kind of flavor?” You ask?
Toasted sesame oil makes a grand appearance alongside freshly grated ginger, peanut butter (obviously… I mean we are making peanut noodles), soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce. Granted, there are other ingredients tossed into the mix but these bold flavors really pack a punch and bring this recipes’ Asian inspired roots full circle.
Everything is married together beautifully and it just works.
It’s so easy! The perfect meal for lunch or dinner. (Which, confession, I’ve made for lunch 3 times in a 2 week period). Trust me, you’ll want to eat this over and over again.
- Roast broccoli.
- Boil noodles until al dente.
- Make the peanut sauce by combining the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, peanut butter, chili garlic sauce, honey, and water. Stir until smooth.
- Toss the noodles and vegetables in the peanut sauce. To the sauce add the sliced peppers and peas (also sliced carrots which aren’t pictures). Drain the noodles and toss those in as well.
- Garnish with dry roasted peanuts, cilantro, and green onions. The garnishes really bring this dish full circle, so don’t leave them out.
And that my friends, is how you make the best peanut noodles. Enjoy!
More flavor packed recipes
- Sesame Noodles – similar to these peanut noodles but different flavors and more cilantro!
- Air Fryer Snap Peas – a great way to use any leftover sugar snap peas you have!
- Johnny Carino’s Bowtie Festival – comfort foods finest, plus it’s an easy meal that kids and adults will devour.
- Bucatini Cacio e Pepe – the flavors in this dish are simpler but very profound. A classic and must-try recipe!
- Roman Chicken Recipe – chicken is simmered in a tomato, prosciutto, and pepper sauce.
- Rosemary Roasted Cashews – where I take “snacking” to a whole new level!
If you make this recipe, let me know! Come back to leave a rating and review.✨
Don’t forget to share your food on Instagram by tagging @saltandbaker in your posts and stories so I can see what you’re making!
Asian Peanut Noodles with Veggies
- 2 heads broccoli - cut into florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles
- 5 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic - minced (about 2 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon ginger - freshly grated
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce - I always use low-sodium
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce - add more for spicier dish (the 1 1/2 tsp is more family friendly)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 red pepper - thinly sliced
- 3 oz sugar snap peas - or a small handful
- 2 green onions - sliced
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup cilantro - chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place broccoli on baking sheet. Drizzle the sesame oil overtop. Toss to coat. Sprinkle salt and pepper overtop. Toss to coat. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat add the sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring often for about 2 minutes. Stir in the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, chili garlic sauce, and honey. Stir until smooth. Stir in the sliced red peppers and snow peas.
- Drain the pasta and add the noodles into the skillet full of the sauce. Toss to coat so that the noodles are covered in the saucy goodness.
- When broccoli is finished roasting, remove from oven and transfer the vegetables to the skillet. Sprinkle the peanuts, green onions, and cilantro on top. Toss to coat.
- Portion into individual servings. Enjoy!