Sesame Noodles Recipe
This Sesame Noodles recipe is the perfect easy dinner recipe; cooked spaghetti noodles are tossed in a spicy honey sesame sauce and then mixed with fresh cilantro, green onions, rotisserie chicken (for added protein), and crunchy peanuts. This recipe is a true crowd pleaser and family favorite!
I love quick and easy dinner recipes! Here are a few delicious and easy pasta recipes:
- Lemon Pasta recipe
- Pizza Casserole
- Skillet Lasagna
- Johnny Carino’s Bowtie Festival
- Goat Cheese and Asparagus Spinach pasta
Peanut Sesame Noodles
This sesame noodles recipe is a family favorite. In fact, my son is going through a picky eating stage, but he DEVOURS this when I serve it for dinner. #winning
No matter the age you’re feeding OR the differing taste preferences, I feel very confident in saying you can serve this for a meal and satisfy everyones taste buds.
How to make this Sesame Noodle Bowl recipe
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling salt the water, I usually add about 3 tsp to my boiling water.
Place the spaghetti noodles in the water and cook until al dente.
Meanwhile, make the sesame sauce.
In a small saucepan, whisk the sesame oil, vegetable oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, and honey. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Add the crushed red pepper flakes.
Pro tip: you can add more or less red pepper flakes depending on the level of heat you’re going for. I used 1/4 tsp in this recipe which results in a very mild dish.
When pasta has finished cooking, drain the water and return the noodles to the pot.
Pour the sauce over the noodles and toss to coat. Add the shredded chicken, cilantro, green onions, and nuts to the pasta. Stir to combine and serve immediately.
This sesame noodle recipe is delicious both warm and cold. If you’re hesitant about adding the peanuts to the dish because you’ll have leftovers, you can hold the peanuts and add them to individual servings.
On the other hand, I really enjoy having the peanuts marinate in the sauce overnight. The peanuts don’t soften much, in fact, they render to being the perfect texture and crunchiness.
SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER
If you love these recipes, be sure and subscribe. You’ll get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox…. you don’t want to miss out!
And don’t forget, if you make a recipe snap a pic and share it on social media. Tag @saltandbaker and #saltandbaker so I can see what you’re cookin’ in your kitchen!
Sesame Noodle Recipe
- 1 lb (or 16 oz) Spaghetti noodles
- 1 1/2 cups chicken - cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes - *add more to make spicier
- 1/2-3/4 cup cilantro - I love cilantro so I always add 3/4 cup.
- 3/4 cup peanuts, or whatever salty nuts you have on hand
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring water to boil. Once water is boiling add 3 tsp of salt to the water. Add the spaghetti noodles to the boiling water. Cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the sesame oil, vegetable oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, and honey. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from heat. Add the crushed red pepper flakes.
- When pasta has finished cooking, drain the water. Add the shredded chicken, sauce, cilantro, green onions, and nuts to the pasta. Stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Life Made Simple.
This post was first published September 26, 2017 and has been updated with new pictures and helpful tips for making sesame noodles.