This Boursin Pasta is ultra creamy, flavorful, and requires only 4 ingredients and less than 15 minutes to make! The Boursin cheese melts beautifully into this easy pasta recipe and pairs well with the chopped spinach.
Some more deliciously creamy and easy pasta recipes include my Ricotta Pesto Pasta, Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta, and Pesto Tortellini Pasta recipes. Each of these pastas take less than 30 minutes to make and require minimal ingredients!
Why This Recipe Works
- Packed with flavor. This Boursin pasta will make your taste buds soar thanks to just one ingredient: the Boursin cheese! This soft creamy cheese removes the need to add additional spices or herbs! It simplifies your dinner preparation while providing an amazingly creamy sauce!
- Dinner ready in just minutes! This easy pasta dish not only uses minimal ingredients (4 to be exact — and that includes salt!) but it takes less than 20 minutes to prepare! It’s such an easy weeknight dinner.
- Pasta: You can use water pasta you’d like! Some great options include penne, orecchiette, bowtie, ziti, etc.
- Herb and Garlic Boursin Cheese: Find this cheese in the deli section of your grocery store near the gourmet cheeses.
- Spinach: No need to cook the spinach beforehand. The warmth from the pasta will wilt the spinach enough.
- Cook the pasta. Add water to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Add the kosher salt and stir in the noodles. Cook until al dente or according to the package directions. Drain and reserve one cup of pasta water.
- Combine the ingredients. Add the noodles to a large bowl. Immediately add the Boursin cheese and chopped spinach. Mix until the cheese is melted and things are combined. Take the cup of the pasta water and add a little at a time until the sauce reaches your desired consistency. Serve!
If you have an extra case of Boursin cheese, that can help if you have leftovers and want to add additional cheese to return the Boursin pasta sauce to a creamy consistency.
Reserve some of the pasta water from cooking the pasta to help create a saucy consistency for the Boursin pasta sauce.
Feel free to make variations to this Boursin cheese pasta! You can add peas, mushrooms, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, grated parmesan cheese, Roasted Grape Tomatoes, fresh herbs like fresh basil or fresh parsley, Roasted Broccoli, kalamata olives, chopped artichokes hearts, or some red pepper flakes (for some heat). You can also make this a delicious Boursin chicken pasta by adding chopped grilled chicken breast or shredded rotisserie chicken! Basically there are so many delicious options!
Serve Boursin pasta with garlic bread and a green salad on the side like my Rocket and Pear Salad or Strawberry Spinach Salad. Focaccia Bread or some homemade Rosemary Garlic and Parmesan Dinner Rolls would also be amazing with it!
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
Serve the Boursin pasta immediately while still warm. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Reheat the Boursin cheese pasta in the microwave with a bit of extra Boursin cheese if needed to make it a creamy pasta again after being chilled in the fridge.
I don’t recommend freezing due to the cheese and pasta getting mushy upon freezing and thawing.
Boursin cheese is made of cream, pasteurized cultured milk and herbs. It’s a soft cheese like cream cheese that is seasoned with herbs.
You can use Boursin cheese as a spread on crackers, as a dip, in this creamy Boursin pasta recipe, etc. It’s a great cheese to use in cooking since it melts really well!
Yes it is! It’s a soft herbed and spreadable cheese.
You can buy it in your local grocery store. Find it in the deli section.
More Easy Pasta Recipes
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Leave a rating and review or scroll below the recipe card and do so there.
Stay up-to-date by following us on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- 8 oz pasta noodles - any kind will do!
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 5 oz herb and garlic Boursin cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach - roughly chopped
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Once boiling add 1 tablespoon of kosher salt to the pot, then stir in the noodles. Cook until al dente. Drain and reserve ½ cup of starchy pasta water.
- Place the noodles in a serving bowl. Immediately stir in the boursin cheese and chopped baby spinach. Toss to coat. The heat of the noodles will help the spinach wilt and will melt the cheese. Add some of the starchy water to loosen up the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
One Comment on “Boursin Pasta”
Crazy easy. Crazy yummy!