This Pomegranate Jell-O will be your new go-to Jell-O salad. The flavor and texture is like nothing you’ve had before!
This Pomegrante Jell-O is packed with raspberry pie filling, crushed pineapple, and of course, pomegranates.
And if that wasn’t enough fruit to pack into one Jell-O salad, I added sliced bananas and some sweetened fresh whipped cream to garnish the top.
This is coming a bit late, but Merry Christmas to all of you! I hope you were able to spend the day with family and friends.
My family has a Christmas Eve dinner tradition. My mother makes the exact same foods each year for this dinner. It’s something myself and my siblings look forward to. I didn’t have time to post the recipes for the Christmas dinner, but I will do it next year. I promise! You can hold me to it.
This delicious Pomegranate Jell-O has made an appearance at my families annual Christmas dinner for over 10 years. We love it, and everyone who tastes it loves it too! It’s practically dessert, but we eat it as an appetizer. Dessert first, dinner second, right?!
You’ll be amazed at how easy this Christmas Pomegranate Jell-O is to make. The hardest task you’ll face will be extracting the pomegranate arils (seeds) from the pomegranate. Once you’ve successfully removed the arils, you’re ready to go!
How to make Pomegranate Jell-O
Add boiling water to jell-o powder.
To the jell-o stir in crushed pineapple, raspberry pie filling, and pomegranates.
Pour jell-o mixture in a pan. Refrigerate.
Garnish with sliced bananas and fresh whipped cream.
You can make this dish the night before and then add the sliced bananas and fresh whipped cream right before serving.
Christmas Pomegranate Jell-O
- 6 oz raspberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
- 21 oz can of raspberry pie filling and topping - I use Duncan Hines brand
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 3-4 bananas
- 2 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl combine the Jell-O powder and 2 cups of boiling water. Mix until the Jell-O is dissolved (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the can of raspberry pie filling and topping to the Jell-O. Mix until the pie filling is dissolved (or no longer clumpy). Once dissolved, empty the can of crushed pineapple (including the juice) into the Jell-O mixture.
- Add the pomegranate fruits to the Jell-O. Pour the Jell-O mixture into a 9×13″ pan. Place in the refrigerator to set. About 3-4 hours.
- Once Jell-O is set, remove from the fridge. Slice bananas (about 1/4"-1/2" thick) and distribute evenly over top the Jell-O. Make the whipped topping.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or using a hand mixer, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped topping mixture over the sliced bananas. Serve immediately, or place back in the fridge to keep cold until ready to serve.