Tomato Artichoke Salad
This Tomato Artichoke Salad features simple and easy-to-find ingredients that are marinated in a zesty Italian dressing. This dish takes less than 5 minutes to assemble and is the perfect side to any meal.
We love enjoying this fresh salad recipe with Italian grilled chicken, Bucatini Cacio e Pepe, or Zuppa Toscana. For another delicious Italian salad recipe, try my Panzanella Toscana!
Why This Recipe Works
- Lettuce-free salad. I really like “salads” that don’t have lettuce. I mean, I love eating greens, don’t get me wrong, but the mixing it up here and there is a good idea too!
- Flavorful artichoke tomato salad recipe. The flavors in this salad accompany one another perfectly! We have salty olives, sweet (and slightly crunchy) grape/cherry tomatoes, soft mozzarella balls, and slightly nutty artichokes. The Italian dressing marries everything together and adds that zesty punch; add a pinch of salt and pepper and you’re golden!
- One bowl side dish. This is an easy salad recipe! You can literally add the ingredients to a large bowl, drizzle dressing overtop, and then eat it — minimal effort but a tasty side dish!
- Black Olives: You can get a can of whole olives and cut them or a can of pre sliced olives. Up to you!
- Tomatoes: Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes work great. If you don’t have either you can cut up garden tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, or heirloom tomatoes. Any kind of tomato is just fine!
- Artichoke Hearts: This will be a small jar of marinated artichoke hearts. Drain the jar and then chop the artichoke hearts into pieces.
- Mozzarella Pearls: if your grocery store doesn’t have mozzarella pearls you can purchase a fresh mozzarella ball and dice it.
- Italian Salad Dressing: Use whatever brand you’d like. Use a light version for a healthier option.
- Combine ingredients. Add the sliced olives, halved or quartered tomatoes, the drained and chopped artichoke hearts, and the mozzarella balls to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the dressing. Drizzle 1/2 cup Italian dressing overtop, and toss to coat. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Enjoy! You can eat this artichoke salad recipe right away, or store let it sit in the fridge to marinate for a few hours.
Bulk up the artichoke tomato salad with some protein by adding some drained and rinsed chickpeas or drained and rinsed white beans.
Add some capers for a nice pop of flavor and saltiness.
Pair with some thinly sliced red onion if you’d like a burst of fresh onion flavor.
Add some fresh herbs to brighten the color and flavor. Fresh chives, fresh parsley, or fresh basil are great options.
If you aren’t a fan of mozzarella, a good substitute would be feta cheese.
You can use extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar if you don’t want to use Italian dressing.
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
You can make this tomato artichoke salad ahead of time and store it in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
Store this tomato artichoke salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Do not freeze.
No it isn’t. If you make the recipe as written, it isn’t dairy free. There are mozzarella pearls in the olive tomato artichoke salad. Remove the mozzarella for a dairy free salad.
If you don’t have Italian dressing or you don’t want to use it, you can use olive oil and balsamic vinegar. If you’d like to make your own Italian dressing, combine 3/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, equal parts garlic powder, oregano, and basil, and a splash of lemon juice. Add some crushed red pepper flakes for spice if desired.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
Tomato Artichoke Salad
- 6 oz can of olives - drained
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz jar artichoke hearts - drained and chopped
- 8 oz mozzarella pearls - drained
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- salt and pepper - to taste
- In a medium sized bowl combine the olives, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and mozzarella balls.
- Pour the Italian dressing overtop. Toss to coat.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Will last about 3 days in an airtight container.
One Comment on “Tomato Artichoke Salad”
Very easy to make and delicious! Love love loved it!