A Sweeter Wednesday #27
I know that so much is going on in the world, I hope this blog post (and Salt & Baker in general) can offer you a reprieve from current events. Sending love to all of you! ❤️
- You may have noticed I haven’t been posting as frequently and that’s partly due to me trying to keep my sanity. 😅 Life has been BUSY! So I’ve cut back to posting recipes 1x/week and that’s what I’ll keep it at for awhile.
- If you follow me on Instagram you’ll know I made Peach Dessert Sunday evening. I’m guessing this will be 1 of 8 times I’ll be making it in the coming months.
- Anyone else going crazy with online shopping? GUILTY! I’ve bought a handful of clothing items and not clothing items (which I’ll link below) but I’ve been returning things like crazy. I’ve gotta say, I miss shopping in stores.
- I bought this balloon pump and it’s fantastic! But seriously, I love it. I’ll try to get on IG stories within the next few weeks to show you because it’s pretty cool. Honestly, the things I get excited about, it’s hysterical. I bought it because my sons’ birthdays are coming up plus I want to make a 4th of July balloon banner (with parades and festivities cancelled I want to decorate the house and make it feel fun and exciting). The past 5 years I’ve been using our bike pump to blow up balloons the night before the boys’ birthdays and well… I’m kind of over it! It takes a long time. This year I decided it was time for an upgrade.
- A good read: You Can Achieve Anything If You Focus on ONE Thing.
- I’d love to hear how you’ve been doing and what you’ve been doing the past few weeks! Let me know in the comments below.
Recipes shared on Salt & Baker over the last few weeks.
Rice Krispies Treats – You’ve gotta try them, they’re really really good!
Limeade Slush Punch – a slushy limeade drink with Cherry 7-UP.
Cream Cheese Fruit Dip – a recipe from my mother-in-law, use it with any variety of fruits! Perfect for summer.
And one of the most popular recipes over the past few weeks… protein balls. 🙌🏼 An easy and delicious snack to have on hand this summer.
Links and things
OK! Brace yourself. I bought a handful of things and I’m going to share what I kept and LOVE.
So I bought a few short sleeve shirts (always short sleeve because Texas is hot my friends). Here are a few I really like: this white floral, and this baby doll shirt, (there were 2 others but they’re sold out so I can’t find the links).
Super lightweight bermuda shorts. I’ve never shopped at Eddie Bauer before but these shorts are great, especially if you live somewhere hot and humid.
Remember a few weeks ago when I asked for lightweight joggers? One reader suggested these. I bought them and I’ve gotta tell you, they’re AMAZING! As a matter of fact I’m wearing them right now. 😊 p.s. bought them in 2 colors because I like them so much. Plus they’re affordable and good quality.
And now for food:
Y’all know how much I love Oreos; this Oreo Cheesecake has my name written all over it.
Berry Brownie Pizza would be perfect for the 4th of July.
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream is a summer staple.
Have a beautiful and healthy week!