Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
These Air Fryer Frozen French Fries are quick, easy, crispy and much healthier than frying! With just 3 ingredients and an air fryer, you will never go back to frying or baking fries ever again!
Why This Recipe Works
- Healthier than frying. The beautiful thing about the air fryer is you get the crispy-ness of oil frying without the unhealthy bits! Air frying is my favorite way to cook fries because it is a healthier way than frying and much simpler than baking! These air fryer frozen French fries will have you hooked!
- Just 3 ingredients. These frozen fries in the air fryer are a total winner because they only use three ingredients: frozen fries, olive oil spray, and salt. I’ve chosen olive oil spray which is even healthier than regular canola oil spray or pam. It also adds a bit of fresh flavor thanks to the olive base.
- Frozen French Fries: I used the regular straight French fries. If you have waffles fries, refer to my Air Fryer Waffle Fries recipe.
- Olive Oil Spray: Use your preferred spray. I used olive oil spray for a healthier option. You can also use avocado oil spray. This will just help with cooking frozen fries in the air fryer so they get crispy.
- Salt: You can use regular table salt, seasoning salt, Himalayan salt, sea salt, etc.
- Preheat the air fryer. Set the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the frozen fries in air fryer. Place the frozen fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray with the olive oil spray and sprinkle with your choice of salt and black pepper if desired. Air fry for 15-10 minutes, tossing the basket halfway through and cook until the air fryer frozen French fries are your desired crispiness. Enjoy warm!
Feel free to use avocado oil spray, olive oil spray, etc. I opted for one of those because it’s a healthier option than canola oil or vegetable oil spray. The light coat of oil will produce extra crispy fries.
Note that some air fryers may require different cook times, so keep that in mind during the cooking process. When you toss the fries halfway through, take note if you think they are cooking quicker or slower than thought.
Tossing the fries halfway through will help make sure you get the best results for crispy French fries.
This same recipe will work for different types of fries like frozen sweet potato fries or curly fries.
Serve the air fryer French fries with your favorite seasonings, fry sauce, ketchup, BBQ sauce, or your favorite dipping sauce!
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
Store any leftover air fryer fries in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days. Reheat by returning to the air fryer for 5-10 minutes or until warmed through and crispy again.
Keep the frozen French fries in the freezer until ready to use. It’s best to not refreeze the air fryer frozen French fries after air frying them. Just cook as needed.
They are definitely much healthier method of cooking than frying French fries! Plus, if you use olive oil or avocado oil spray, that’s another healthier option than an unhealthy alternative like canola oil or vegetable oil. Opt for Himalayan salt if you’re looking to make these healthier.
Yes. But, frozen French fries aren’t raw potatoes, so you are merely thawing, cooking and crisping the fries up.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Waffle Fries
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Frozen Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 16 oz French fries - frozen
- olive oil spray
- salt - to your liking, can also use seasoning salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Place the frozen French fries in the air fryer basket. Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle salt overtop.
- Air fry for 15-20 minutes, tossing or shaking the basket halfway through baking.
- Cook until your desired crispiness level is obtained. Remove from the air fryer and sprinkle with more salt, if desired.