Halloween Oreo Balls
Halloween is just around the corner, and with that you need cute Halloween treats… cue the making of these Halloween Oreo Balls! Similar to Oreo Cake Pops, this is an easy treat that can be customized for any holiday or event. Believe it or not, these Oreo balls require ONLY 3 simple ingredients.
You read that correctly. Three ingredients. Plussss the sprinkles of your choosing. So does that technically make it 4 ingredients? Who really cares, right?
You’ll surely win “Best (insert your title) Award” if you make this Oreo balls recipe. My son thought it was so neat that I was making something that involved Oreos AND had sprinkles. Kid’s love sprinkles.
If you’ve never heard of Oreo balls (which should be a crime, I swear everyone knows about Oreo truffles by now), then lets cover some basic things you should know prior to making this painfully EASY Oreo balls recipe.
Oreo Balls ingredients
- 1 package of regular Oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Chocolate for dipping.
- Sprinkles for garnish
Obviously #4 is optional. But to make them Halloween appropriate, you’ve gotta add the orange and black sprinkles folks.
How to make Oreo Balls
Open 1 package (14.3 oz to be exact) of regular Oreos.
Place the Oreos in a food processor and pulse until they become a fine crumb.
Add the softened cream cheese to the food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together.
Shape into 1 inch balls and place the balls on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
Place the Oreo balls in the freezer for 10-15 minutes until chilled.
Meanwhile, melt some dipping chocolate. I opted to use dark chocolate, but white chocolate or even milk chocolate would taste amazing!
Remove the Oreo balls from the freezer and dip them in the chocolate and immediately place them back on the wax paper. BEFORE the chocolate sets be sure to sprinkle festive sprinkles overtop!
Ta-da! ?Halloween Oreo Balls!
Love these Halloween Oreo Balls? Check out these festive treats:
- Spider Web Halloween Crackers
- Halloween Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Halloween Mason Jar Mini Cakes
- Hocus Pocus Buns
Halloween Oreo Balls
- 36 Oreo cookies - (use the regular Oreos)
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened
- 2 cups melting chocolate - (dark chocolate, white chocolate, or milk chocolate)
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, or a rolling pin with the Oreos in a tiptop bag, crush the Oreos until they resemble a fine crumb.
- Add the cream cheese to the food processor and pulse until combined and the mixture comes together. *
- Roll 40-42, 1 inch sized balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze the Oreo balls for 10-15 minutes.
- While the Oreo balls are in the freezer, melt the chocolate.
- Remove the Oreo balls from the freezer and dip them in the chocolate. Immediately after dipping the balls place them back on the wax paper and sprinkle the tops with your selected sprinkles.
- Let the balls set. Enjoy!
- Store the Oreo balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator.