Ham and Cheese Sliders Recipe
Ham and Cheese Sliders make for an easy appetizer, snack, lunch, or even dinner! I’ve made these for small gatherings (can easily double the recipe) with family and friends and also for game days, and everyone RAVES about them!
You guys, I’m like an appetizer/game day food junkie. I can’t help it. I blame it on my husband. Since the beginning of time he’s always been one who loves gameday finger foods (smart man). We love to enjoy sausage dip, pepperoni pizza dip, maple bacon popcorn, and caramelized onion dip on a regular basis.
Yes, I totally make game day foods NOT on a game day. And you can too 🙂
How to make Ham and Cheese Sliders
Step 1: Make the Honey Mustard
In a small bowl whisk the mayo, mustard, and honey.
Step 2: Make the Poppy Seed Dressing
In a glass measuring cup, melt the butter. Add the poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce, and 2 tablespoons of the honey mustard you just made. Whisk to combine, set aside.
Step 3: Assemble the Hawaiian ham and cheese sliders
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Cut the rolls in half (I like to use the Hawaiian style rolls for this recipe, however, any kind of roll or slider type roll will work perfectly!!).
On one side of the roll spread mayo. On the opposing side spread the honey mustard.
Add a slice (or 2) of ham, and a slice of cheese.
Place the top slice of roll on top, to create a sandwich. Place in a 13×9 inch baking dish.
Continue to do this with each roll.
Step 4: Bake the sliders
Drizzle half the poppy seed dressing over the rolls. Cover the roll with tin foil then place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melty.
Remove from the oven, take off the foil, and drizzle the remaining sauce over the rolls.
If you like this Baked Ham & Cheese Sliders recipe try these:
- Dinner rolls – could use this roll recipe to make the ham & cheese sliders.
- Sweet Potato Hummus
- No-Bake Energy Bites
- Cucumber and Dill sandwiches
If you make a recipe from Salt & Baker please come back to leave a rating and review! Your comments help me AND other readers making these recipes.
Thank you so much for taking the time to do that!
And if you love these recipes, you can sign up below to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Have a beautiful day 🙂
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard - (that you just made)
- 8 tablespoons butter - melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12-16 Hawaiian rolls - or any other kind of rolls you like (see note #1)
- 12-16 slices ham
- 12-16 slices monterey jack cheese - can also use Swiss or pepper jack cheese
- In a bowl whisk the mayo, mustard, and honey. Set aside.
Poppy Seed Dressing
- In a glass measuring cup melt the butter. Whisk in the poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce, and 2 tablespoons of the honey mustard you just made. Set aside.
Assembling the rolls
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 13"x9" inch baking dish with baking spray. Cut the rolls in half. On one side of the roll spread mayo, on the opposing side spread some honey mustard.
- Add a slice (or two) of ham and a slice of cheese to each roll. Place the top slice of roll on top to create a sandwich.
- Place the rolls in the baking sheet. Continute to do this with each roll.
- Drizzle half of the poppy seed dressing over the tops of the rolls. Cover the rolls with tin foil. Place in teh oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melty.
- Remove from the oven, take off the foil and drizzle the remaining poppy seed dressing over the rolls. Serve immediately.
- This recipe can yield anywhere between 12-16 rolls. I left the range because depending on where you buy your rolls they can come in a pack of 12 or if you buy them at Costco they come in 2 packs of 16.