Maple Bacon Popcorn
This Maple Bacon Popcorn is the perfect sweet and salty snack! It’s easy to make, ridiculously addicting, and straight up delicious!
If you follow me on Instagram you’ll know I made this popcorn a few days ago. I couldn’t stop eating it.
I would tell myself, “This is the last bite.” It didn’t work.
I just wanted more and MORE!
This bacon popcorn was just wayyyyy too good.
Bits of maple coated bacon tossed with freshly popped popcorn satisfies the tastebuds on every level.
If you’re looking for the best game day food on a budget, then this is your recipe.
I mean, this recipe has “masculine” written all over it. Hello Super Bowl food!!
It’s also the best after school snack.
I love finger foods. And this blog has a handful of snack and appetizer recipes. A few of my favorites include these buffalo chicken bites, caramelized onion dip, the best guacamole, and these perfectly soft pretzels.
Basically, I consider myself an appetizer specialist. ?
It’s’ going to be difficult to top this bacon and maple syrup popcorn; it’s easy and insanely good.
Maple Bacon Popcorn
You need only a few ingredients to make this easy popcorn recipe:
- Popcorn kernels
- Maple syrup
- Melted butter
That’s all it takes, 4 ingredients! And a sprinkling of salt for good measure ?
How to make Maple Bacon Popcorn
Grab a skillet and cook 8 slices of thick bacon. Cooking bacon can be a huge mess! Normally, I prefer the simple route of microwave bacon. However, we need the bacon grease, so microwave bacon won’t work for this recipe. To keep splattering to a minimum, I use this lid to cover my skillet.
Once the bacon is fully cooked, transfer it to a paper towel lined plate. Dab the extra grease from the bacon and then crumble (or chop) the bacon into small bite size pieces.
RESERVE 3 tablespoons of bacon grease. We need it for popping the popcorn.
In a LARGE pot over medium heat, add the reserved bacon grease. Once the grease is warm, add the popcorn kernels and cover the pot with a lid.
As soon as you hear the popcorn kernels popping carefully lift the pot and shake it. Do this every 20 seconds for about 7 minutes.
Refrain from cooking the popcorn kernels for too long, as doing so will burn the popcorn.
Once the popcorn is fully popped, set it aside or place it in a large bowl.
In a small bowl combine the melted butter, maple syrup, and crumbled bacon. Stir it up real good.
Drizzle the butter/syrup/bacon mixture over the popcorn. Toss to coat and season with salt.
Such an easy stovetop popcorn recipe!
If you bring it to your next party EVERYONE will rave about it! And I guarantee it’ll disappear in minutes!
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
Maple Bacon Popcorn
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease
- 3/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 8 thick bacon slices
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Cook bacon. When finished cooking, transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Crumble the bacon into small bite size pieces. Reserve 3 T. of the bacon grease. Set bacon grease aside.
- In a LARGE pot set over medium heat, add the bacon grease. Once the bacon grease is warm, add the popcorn kernels to the pot. Cover the pot with a lid.
- When you hear the kernels begin to pop, shake the pot. (Do so carefully)!! Do this every 20 seconds or so, until done cooking. About 7 minutes or until most of the kernels have successfully popped.
- When popcorn has finished popping transfer the popped popcorn to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine crumbled bacon, maple syrup, and melted butter. Mix to combine. Pour overtop the popped popcorn. Season the popcorn with salt to taste.
This post contains affiliate links. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.