Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites
These Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites are the perfect appetizer for any time year — made with a baguette, a delicious cream cheese spread and topped with crunchy cucumbers and a sprinkling of dill. This is the perfect cucumber sandwich appetizer for any party menu any time of year!
For more delicious appetizer recipes try my Cream Cheese Brown Sugar Fruit Dip, Beetroot Hummus served with fresh veggies or crackers, and my Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip served with crackers, chips or fresh bread.
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple ingredients. People who try these cucumber dill sandwiches are always amazed at the simplicity of the ingredients yet the robustness of the flavor.
- Easy appetizer recipe. If you find yourself in a bind and you need a last minute party food, healthy snack, appetizer, finger food, brunch menu item (the list goes on and on), make these little cucumber snacks! They’ll be a big hit and everyone will comment on how delicious they are.
- Best appetizer recipe. When asked to bring a finger food or appetizer to a party or family gathering, I always bring these little bites! It doesn’t matter if it’s December and snowing outside, or if its the 4th of July. This cucumber sandwich appetizer is my go to fun appetizer.
- Cream Cheese: Use softened cream cheese so it can more easily combine with the mayo and dressing mix when you are mixing up the cream cheese spread. The cream cheese is the perfect base for the spread we use on these delicious bites!
- Dry Ranch Dressing Mix: One package is about 3 tablespoons of powdered ranch dressing mix.
- Fresh Cucumbers: You don’t have to peel the cucumbers if you don’t want to. Just be sure to wash the cucumbers really well. Cut into cucumber rounds.
- Baguette: This baguette appetizer is so yummy! The baguette is a thin and long piece of French bread. It has a deliciously crunchy exterior and is soft inside. Cut the baguette in slices and you have the perfect bite-sized pieces of bread for these cucumber cream cheese bites!
- Fresh Dill: If you don’t have fresh dill, dried dill is just fine. The herb is a great addition to these herb cream cheese cucumber bites.
- Slice the baguette and cucumbers. Cut the baguette into 1/2 inch slices. Cut the cucumber into slices (whatever thickness you’d like).
- Make the dill spread. To a medium-sized bowl add 8 oz softened cream cheese. Using hand beaters, beat until smooth. Add 1 cup mayonnaise and the package of dry ranch dressing mix. Mix until smooth and combined.
- Assemble the cucumber cream cheese bites. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto each bread slice. Top with a sliced cucumber. Sprinkle the top of each cucumber slice with fresh dill or dried dill. Serve cold. Enjoy!
Feel free to keep the cucumbers’ skin on. Or you can peel it in stripes for a cool effect. Or peel them all the way. You can also use any kind of bread or even serve with crackers if you’d like, but I would let your guests assemble the cucumber sandwiches themselves if using crackers instead of bread.
Try using dry Italian seasoning and fresh basil or fresh parsley instead of the dry ranch and dill! The fresh herbs are a great way to add some fresh lightness to this veggie appetizer.
These cucumber cream cheese bites are perfect to serve as appetizers for a family dinner, at holiday parties, for baby showers or bridal showers, for game day parties, or for your next party, no matter the theme!
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
To make ahead, make the cream cheese spread then store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. Slice the bread and store it in a ziplock bag. Wash and cut the cucumbers and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Then assemble the cucumber dill appetizer sandwiches before serving.
Store any leftover cucumber bites in an airtight container in the fridge — but these are bets enjoyed the day they are assembled.
This is why we want to slather the cream cheese spread onto the bread. This will protect the bread from the wet cucumber.
They spread is made with cream cheese and mayo, but other than that, they are healthy! You can use light cream cheese if you’d like. And I always use an olive oil based mayonnaise.
If you’re going to substitute the mayo, just note the flavor will definitely be different. But using plain greek yogurt would make this the perfect low carb snack.
You can make the spread ahead of time, but I wouldn’t assemble the sandwiches too long before serving them. You want the bread to stay fresh. If you are wondering if they can be made the day before, I probably would make this spread, cut the cucumbers, and cut the bread the day before. Store things properly, then assemble them prior to serving.
Feel free to use English cucumber or regular cucumber — there won’t be much of a difference! Whatever you have or whatever is available is great.
More Delicious Party Appetizers
- Cream Cheese Onion Dip
- Panzanella Toscana
- Watermelon Skewers
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package Ranch dressing mix - (equivalent to 3 T.)
- 2-3 cucumbers - peeled and sliced to 1/2-3/4″ thickness
- 1 baguette - sliced to 1/2″ thickness
- Dill weed or fresh dill for garnish
- Slice the baguette to about 1/2″ thickness. Cut the cucumbers to whatever thickness you desire. I usually cute mine about 1/2″-1″ thick. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl add the cream cheese. Using hand beaters, mix until the cream cheese is smooth and creamy.
- Add the mayo and dry ranch seasoning mix to the cream cheese. Beat until evenly combined.
- Spread a generous amount of the cream cheese mixture onto each baguette. Top with a sliced cucumber and sprinkle dill weed or fresh dill over top each cucumber. Repeat until all of the baguette sliced have whipped topping and a cucumber.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Best if eaten the same day.
7 Comments on “Cucumber Cream Cheese Bites”
These were easy to make but there was way too much.of the cheese
Spread left over. Need to halve the amount.
I made these and they were awesome! The baguette bread was the best… tried it with rye and sourdough snack bread and it doesn’t compare at all… very good and I give it 5 stars!
I make mine with half of them topped with dill weed and half topped with smoked paprika. Yummy. Love them either way
Great idea Brenda! Thanks for sharing!
Really good!! Took them to a party and they disappeared so fast! Had several people come up and ask me for the recipe. I directed them to your website. Keep up the great work!
These are so cute! Love making a variety of finger foods for a party. I’m sure these will be a crowd pleaser!