Corn Avocado Feta Salad
Corn Avocado Feta Salad is a refreshing and healthy side dish that is cold and light — perfect for the summer! It utilizes fresh, raw vegetables (no cooking necessary!) and takes just 15 minutes to make.
Looking for other light salads for the summer? Try my cherry tomato caprese salad, creamy cucumber salad, or crunchy cabbage salad recipes. Or if you are wanting another delicious corn side recipe, try my Honey Butter Skillet Corn!
Why This Recipe Works
- It uses fresh corn! If you have a garden bursting at the seams with delicious corn (like my dad) then this corn avocado feta salad will be a recipe keeper for sure. And even if you don’t have a garden, finding new ways of incorporating salads and vegetables for the dinner table is always a plus.
- Easy to make. You don’t have to cook anything, just wash and cut the vegetables and mix everything together. It’s such an easy salad and side dish.
- It’s healthy! That’s right, there isn’t any fatty dressing or cream or anything in this dish. The dressing is just olive oil, salt and pepper. This salad lets the fresh vegetables speak for themselves.
- Fresh Corn: Cut the corn kernels off the raw cobs of corn.
- Cucumber: Peel and cut the cucumbers into quarters.
- Tomatoes: Any kind of tomatoes will do. You can use cherry or grape tomatoes and cut those in half, or you can use regular or Roma tomatoes and chop them into small diced pieces.
- Avocado: Cut into pieces
- Fresh Mint: Can substitute out the mint for basil if you’d like.
- Feta Cheese: Adds a salty and tangy flavor to the dish, which balances out the sweetness of the summer corn and the fresh mint.
- Wash, peel (cucumbers) and cut the vegetables. Add everything to a medium sized bowl.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and toss together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Although it seems contrary to instinct, I highly recommend using the corn raw. You don’t need to cook the corn and the extra crunch is amazing!
You can keep the peel on the cucumber if you’d like. Just be sure to wash it before cutting. Cucumber peel is high in fiber and beta-carotene, which boosts immunity plus improves skin and eye health.
Add a can of (drained) black beans for a bit more protein in the salad.
Try adding a spritz of lime juice if you’re looking for a bit more zing.
Swap out the fresh mint for fresh basil.
Store the feta corn salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Yes! Just like it’s safe to eat raw broccoli, raw carrots, etc.
Corn is such a fun ingredient because it works so well in a variety of cuisines and dishes. Corn can be used in Mexican dishes such as my Mexican street corn casserole and my spicy black bean and corn quesadillas. You can also add cold raw or cooked corn as a topping for lettuce salads or serve boiled corn as a side dish.
Delicious Summer Salads
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a rating and review, or scroll below the recipe card and do so there.
Corn Avocado Feta Salad
- 3 cups raw corn kernels - from about 3-4 ears of corn
- 2 fresh tomatoes - diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber - chopped
- 1 avocado - chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese - crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves - chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt - or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper - or more to taste
- Place the corn, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, feta, and fresh mint in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over top. Toss to coat. Taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.