French Bread Pizza
I first shared this recipe on Recipe Girl, where I am a contributor. This French Bread Pizza is the perfect meal for those crazy weeknights! It’s a delicious and easy meal that comes together in less than 30 minutes!
Growing up, French Bread Pizza was a meal my mom turned to at least once a month! I can see why she loved it! It requires minimal ingredients, little prep time, and it’s budget friendly!
How to make French Bread Pizza
First, cut a loaf of French bread in half, length wise. Place it on a baking sheet and toast it in a 400°F preheated oven for about 5-8 minutes.
Once the bread has been toasted, take the garlic clove and rub it along the top surface of the bread. It gives a nice garlic infused bread! Is it necessary? No. You can skip this step if you wish.
Now, spread pizza sauce over top of the bread. You can use homemade or store bought, whichever suits your fancy.
Top the pizza sauce with a healthy dose of shredded mozzarella and sliced pepperoni. If you want to add sausage, diced peppers, diced onions, or crushed red pepper flakes you can add those at this time too. I opted for a simple family friendly French Bread Pizza by going with a pepperoni version.
Bake the French Bread Pizza in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and melty!
Garnish with chopped fresh basil and enjoy!
Looking for more easy meals? Here are some you need to check out!
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
French Bread Pizza
- 1 French bread loaf - cut in half lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup pizza sauce - more or less to your liking
- 6 oz grated mozzarella - about 2-2 1/2 cups
- 2 oz pepperonis - more or less to your liking
- fresh basil - chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil (makes for easy clean up).
- Place the French bread halves on the prepared baking sheet. Place the loaves in the oven for 8 minutes, just enough time for the bread to slightly crisp up.
- Remove the French bread from the oven and rub the garlic clove across the top surface of the bread.
- Cover the French bread halves with the pizza sauce, top with the shredded mozzarella, and add pepperoni.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melty!
- Remove from the oven, garnish with chopped basil if desired. Cut and serve immediately.