Tortilla Pizza is the perfect way to satisfy the pizza craving by making homemade pizza in a matter of minutes without the added time of making Homemade Pizza Dough.
More more easy pizza recipes, try my English Muffin Pizzas, Margherita Flatbread Pizza and my French Bread Pizza. They are equally quick and delicious ways to make pizza for the whole family for pizza night!
Why This Recipe Works
- Pizza in no time. This easy tortilla pizza recipe is the easiest way to enjoy pizza when you don’t want to go through the hassle of making pizza dough — it requires minimal time and simple ingredients.
- Customize the size. You can use large tortillas, medium tortillas or small tortillas. Try using small tortillas and let your kids make their own pizzas by adding their own toppings and sauce for a personal pizza for every family member.
- Quick-baking pizza. Since we are using tortillas for the crust, the bake time on these tortilla pizzas are just 5 minutes!
- Flour Tortillas: I used 8-inch flour tortillas in this tortilla pizza recipe. I used low-carb tortillas. You can use whole wheat tortillas for healthier option if you’d like. If you love a thin-crust pizza, then these easy tortilla pizzas are for you!
- Marinara Sauce: Use your favorite pizza sauce or marinara sauce! If you want a good homemade pizza sauce, try my Pizza Sauce with Tomato Paste.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Grab some parmesan too! The combination provides a depth of flavor.
- Pepperoni: Or feel free to use your favorite toppings.
- Prepare the tortilla pizza. Preheat oven to 425ºF. If using a pizza stone, place in the oven as it preheats. Place a tortilla on a pizza peel or baking sheet. Spread the pizza sauce on top and top with mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. Top with pepperoni slices.
- Bake the tortilla pizza. Place the baking sheet in the oven or transfer the tortilla pizza from the pizza peel to the pizza stone. Bake for 5 minutes or until the tortilla pizza reaches the desired crispness. Remove, slice and serve!
Place the oven rack in the middle of the oven for best baking.
While it’s tempting to pile on toppings, remember that tortillas are more flimsy than a traditional crust, so keep things light!
Combining mozzarella and parmesan creates a more dynamic flavor.
Skip the pepperoni and top with fresh basil for a tortilla margherita pizza. Other favorite pizza toppings include mushroom, green bell peppers, grilled chicken, fresh tomatoes, black olives, fresh mozzarella, sausage, and more!
Top with some Italian seasoning once you take the tortilla pizza out of the oven for a delicious final touch.
Keep an eye on the tortilla pizzas. With such a short bake time, they can go from perfect to over crisp in no time.
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
Tortilla pizzas come together in less than 10 minutes! No need to make ahead of time since they are so quick.
Store any leftover tortilla pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
You can try freezing tortilla pizzas, but it may make the tortilla soggy.
Yes you can! Feel free to use whatever size tortillas you’d like — use small flour tortillas for mini pizzas!
Yes! Feel free to make a BBQ chicken pizza by using BBQ sauce, an Alfredo sauce pizza, etc. You can turn this easy meal into breakfast pizza too. The options are endless.
You can use pepperoni, green peppers, sausage, mushrooms, Canadian bacon, pineapple, and more!
Try baking the tortilla pizza on a pizza stone. This will give you a crispy tortilla pizza.
More Pizza Recipes
- 1 8" flour tortilla - can also use 10" tortilla but may need to add more sauce and cheese
- 1/8 cup marinara sauce - or pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese - freshly grated
- 6 pepperonis - or additional pizza toppings of choice
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place the oven rack in the center of the oven. If you have a pizza stone, you can use that… make sure it’s in the oven as it’s preheating).
- Place the tortilla on a pizza peel, or baking sheet. Spoon the pizza sauce over the tortilla, use the back of a spoon to swirl it into an even layer, keeping a small border around the perimeter free of sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and parmesan over the sauce, the top with pepperoni and/or desired toppings.
- If using a pizza stone, slide the tortilla pizza onto the pizza stone and bake for 5 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached. If you don’t have a pizza stone you can bake it on the baking sheet (bottom of the pizza won’t get as crisp) for 5 minutes, or directly on the oven rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve.