The Most Amazing Green Sauce Recipe
This sauce might change your life. Really.
Now that I’ve been introduced to this sauce, AKA the Most Amazing Green Sauce Ever, I’ve dubbed it my “universal/put it on everything/eat it with a spoon sauce.” Use this vegan green sauce as a chip dip, eat it with veggies, over falafel, on sandwiches (or wraps), over chicken recipes, in pasta, with seafood… the sky’s the limit!
This sauce is a bit guacamole-esk. It has avocado in it, giving it a rich and creamy texture, but it doesn’t taste like guacamole. Quite the contrary.
Loaded with fresh parsley, cilantro, and pistachios, this sauce is flavor LOADED!
- Avocado – you’ll need 1 large avocado, pitted and skin removed.
- Parsley – use the leaves and stems
- Cilantro – use the leaves and stems
- Jalapeno – I remove the seeds and ribs, however, you can keep them for a much spicier sauce.
- Lime juice – the acidity is important to balance out the flavors. I added 1 tablespoon, however feel free to add more! Don’t be shy.
- Olive oil – if you want to use this for a salad dressing, add more olive oil and a bit more water to thin out the sauce.
- Kosher salt – if you don’t have kosher salt, use table salt but make sure you reduce the amount you use.
- Roasted pistachios – I do not use salted pistachios. If you use salted, you can omit the salt in this recipe. Personally, I think it’s better to test and season as you go. If you find it needs more salt, you can add it in. But once it’s in, you can’t take it out.
How to make Green Sauce
Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
That’s it! Super easy.
Now, you always have the option of making this on the chunkier side, with a bit more texture. To do this, add all of the ingredients MINUS the pistachios. Pulse until smooth, and then add the pistachios to the food processor and pulse until you reach your desired consistency.
Why you’ll love this sauce
Once the green sauce was made, I sat next to the food processor with a spoon, eating it! Dead serious.
Like honestly, you’re going to love this stuff. But a few of the reasons why you will enjoy this green sauce recipe is because it’s healthy. It’s not only healthy, but very versatile.
Like mentioned above, you can whip out a quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner if you have some of this sauce stored in your fridge. Simply pull it out, swipe the green sauce on a tortilla, fresh tomatoes, and falafel and you have yourself a fast, healthy and vegetarian, filling meal. (P.S. this recipe idea I just dished out is what my husband concocted for one of his meals, and he loved it! So it’s tried and true). 😉
Storing the Green Sauce
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This sauce will last for about 7-10 days if stored properly.
If you make this recipe or any other recipe on Salt & Baker please come back and leave a rating and review! Thank you so so much!
And if you’re on Instagram, snap a picture of your food and tag @saltandbaker in your stories so I can see what you’re making 🤗
The Most Amazing Green Sauce
- 1 large avocado - pitted and skin removed
- 1/2 cup parsley - leaves and stems, packed
- 1/2 cup cilantro - leaves and stems, packed
- 1 jalapeno - seeds and ribs removed (keep if you want spicy)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup roasted pistachios - See notes
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor bowl. Pulse until smooth.
- Use this sauce on chicken, pasta, zucchini noodles, chip dip (it’s a bit guacamole-esk), with falafel, or whatever you’d like.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
One Comment on “The Most Amazing Green Sauce Recipe”
This stuff is AMAZING! We can’t get enough of it at our house!