Healthy Chicken Wraps
These Healthy Chicken Wraps are made with my favorite healthy sauce for wraps — a Greek yogurt cilantro lime sauce. It’s slathered on a tortilla that’s filled with rotisserie chicken, tomatoes, avocado and spinach. These healthy wraps are delicious and crazy nutritious!
If you’re looking for another easy, healthy, and delicious meal, then you’re going to LOVE my Greek Quesadillas! They are packed with flavor and are one of my all-time favorite quesadilla recipes. Then try out my Caprese Orzo Salad for another light, healthy, and filling dinner option.
Why This Recipe Works
- Healthy sauce for wraps. You’ll love the homemade sauce for these healthy chicken wraps! The sauce ingredients include cilantro, lime juice, cumin, and Greek yogurt! It is delicious and fresh. Perfect to use as a dip or spread on any wraps or sandwiches.
- Easy chicken wraps. This healthy chicken wraps recipe comes together in just 10 minutes. They are quick, easy, and super yummy! You can make this chicken wraps recipe for lunch or dinner. But seriously, it’s perfect to take to work for a healthy lunch if you wanted!
- Best healthy chicken wraps. Eating healthy can be a struggle! We don’t want to eat healthy at the sacrifice of flavor and taste. Thanks to this easy meal, we use simple ingredients to make a light dinner that is filling, healthy and amazingly delicious!
- Wheat Tortillas: Use wheat for a healthier option.
- Rotisserie Chicken: I buy the one from Costco (makes my life so much easier). Feel free to use leftover chicken, grilled chicken, shredded chicken, chicken breast strips, or whatever you have available at home or at your grocery store.
- Spinach: Feel free to use kale if you’d prefer.
- Avocado: I LOVE avocado so I usually go a bit overboard and add lots!
- Tomatoes: Use whatever tomatoes you have on hand: cherry tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, tomatoes on the vine, or heirloom tomatoes. All will work!
- Shredded Cheese: I used pepper jack cheese, but you can use mozzarella cheese or a Mexican blend cheese as well.
- Cilantro: Use fresh cilantro for the best flavor.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: Feel free to use nonfat or full fat.
- Cumin: The cumin in the cilantro lime sauce adds a bit of a Mexican flare to the flavor of the chicken wrap sauce.
- Make the healthy sauce for wraps. Add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt, the juice of 1 lime and 1/4 tsp ground cumin to a small bowl. Mix to combine. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Assemble the healthy chicken wraps. Add some of the rotisserie chicken, spinach, avocado slices, tomato, and pepper jack cheese to a tortilla. Top with the chicken wrap sauce. Continue with the remaining tortillas. Roll up and enjoy!
It’s a wrap so you can eat it cold, but sometimes I like to warm up the chicken so that the cheese gets a bit melty. Or another alternative would be to heat a skillet over medium heat and place the wrap on the skillet for 1-2 minutes per side. This will crisp up the tortilla and warm up the cheese on the inside. Not necessary but good!
Feel free to use a different cheese for this healthy wrap like Monterey Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, Colby jack cheese, mozzarella cheese, Swiss cheese, or other type.
You can add fresh cucumbers, sliced bell peppers, romaine lettuce, green onion, or other vegetable to your healthy chicken wraps. Customize it to your liking!
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
Store the healthy chicken wrap sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. Use it for dips, sandwiches, wraps, and more!
I like to store the ingredients for these healthy chicken wraps in separate containers, then I can assemble a delicious chicken wrap whenever — for lunch, picnics, or a quick dinner on a busy weeknight!
They are really as healthy as you make them! That’s why we are using healthy ingredients for these easy wraps like whole wheat tortillas, fresh veggies, chicken (for added protein) and a healthy sauce for wraps! If you add on a bunch of fatty condiments, you’ll lose the amazing nutritious element of these wraps. That’s why you’ll love this best healthy chicken wraps recipe!
Yes you can! These chicken wraps are the perfect canvas to make them your own. You can add red bell peppers, cucumbers, pickles, lettuce, and more!
You can serve them cold or warm — it’s up to you! Feel free to warm up the chicken and add that to the wrap. Then the cheese will get slightly melty on top and it will be delicious! You can also assemble the chicken wraps and then place them on a dry skillet to warm them up on medium-high heat and get the tortilla crispy. Or enjoy them cold! They are amazing either way.
More Healthy Recipes
- Sweet Potato Hummus
- Healthy Chicken Avocado Wraps
- Kale Pizza
- Healthy Almond Joy Bites
- No-Bake Energy Bites
- Dijon Mustard Chicken
Healthy Chicken Wraps
- 4 wheat tortillas
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 avocados - sliced
- 1 large tomato - sliced (can use several small tomatoes if you'd like).
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese - grated
- salt and pepper to taste
Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro - chopped
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 lime - juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - can add more for added flavor (I would taste as you go).
Make the Cilantro Lime Sauce
- To a small bowl whisk the cilantro, Greek yogurt, lime juice, and cumin. Set aside.
Assemble the Wraps
- Divide the ingredients amongst 4 tortillas. Then layer on the tortilla the spinach, chicken, avocado, tomato, and pepper jack cheese.
- Top with a spoonful of the cilantro sauce. Top with some salt and pepper to taste. Roll up.
- Enjoy warm or cold.