Oreo Truffle Brownies
If you love Oreo truffles and brownies, you will go crazy for these Oreo Truffle Brownies! All we do is combine the two: brownie base, Oreo truffle middle, and a chocolate coating overtop. It’s genius! And I’m here for it.
So I bought a box of Oreos at Costco… you know the box that has TONS of Oreos in it? Initially I was a bit worried the chocolate cookies would go stale before we could eat all of them, gosh was I wrong. We made cookies and cream cookies, Oreo ice cream cake, Oreo balls, and no-churn Oreo ice cream.
I haven’t had the chance to make my no-bake Oreo layer dessert, Oreo cookies, and Oreo pie crust.
This recipe is super easy, partially because we use a brownie mix. If you’d rather make homemade brownies you can opt to do that instead.
- 1 package Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix – or your preferred boxed brownie mix.
Oreo Truffle Layer
- Oreos – you can use double stuf or regular Oreos. But we need crushed Oreos, about 26 cookies to be exact.
- Cream cheese – softened to room temperature.
- Milk chocolate chips
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Make the brownies. Follow the directions on the back of the brownie box. I make mine in an 8×8 inch square pan. Remove the brownies from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Make the Oreo truffle layer. In a medium sized bowl mix the crushed Oreos and cream cheese. Tip: I use my hands! It’s so much easier than a spoon.
- Place the truffle layer over the cooked and cooled brownies.
- Make the chocolate topping. In a microwave safe bowl melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil on half power in 20-30 second increments, stirring well after each interval. Continue until fully melted and smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the truffle layer. Use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Let set, then enjoy! Store brownies in the refrigerator covered or in an airtight container for up to 5-7 days.
For easier removal, line the brownie pan with parchment paper.
Make sure the cream cheese is really soft, it will make mixing into the Oreo crumbs easier.
No, you can use a homemade brownie recipe, but the boxed brownies simplifies the recipe and saves time.
Depends on the size of brownie you cut, but as you can see in the photo above, I calculated it made 16 brownies.
More Oreo and Brownie Recipes
- Cosmic Brownies
- Biscoff Brownies
- BYU Mint Brownies Recipe
- German Chocolate Brownies
- Nutella Brownies
- Brownie cookies
- Crackly top homemade brownies
If you make this recipe or any other recipe from Salt & Baker, please come back to leave a rating and review. Your comments are so helpful to me and other readers! Thank you!!
Don’t forget to snap a pic of the food 📸 and share it on Instagram, tag @saltandbaker so that I can see what you’re making. 💖
Oreo Truffle Brownies
- 1 package Ghirardelli brownie mix - plus ingredients needed to make them
- 26 Oreos - double stuf or regular is fine
- 6 oz cream cheese - softened
- Make the brownies according to package directions. I baked mine in an 8×8 inch brownie pan. Bake and cool.
- Make Oreo truffle: In a medium sized bowl mix the crushed Oreos and cream cheese until combined. Use a wooden spoon or your hands, whatever you’d like.
- When brownies have cooled, spread/gently press the Oreo truffle overtop of the brownies.
- Make chocolate topping: Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in medium sized microwave safe bowl. Microwave on half power in 20-30 second increments, stirring well after each interval. Continue until fully melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the Oreo truffle layer. Let set before serving. (Can place in fridge to speed up process).