Sausage and Tortellini Soup
This flavorful Sausage and Tortellini Soup will become your new go-to meal! It is super creamy and full of healthy and hearty ingredients.
This sausage and tortellini soup is my families favorite soup recipe. We can’t get enough of it. In fact, we debate over who gets the leftovers. No lie.
This soup is so flavorful! This sausage tortellini soup has spinach and carrots.
I love when soups are packed with delicious vegetables. I can guarantee you will LOVE this soup!
I’ll even go as far as to say, you’ll include it in your regular dinner menu rotation. Yes, I’m that confident in this dish! It’s amazing!
I can rave about this dish all night… how about you just go make it and see for yourself.
If you love this Sausage and Tortellini Soup, try these recipes:
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox!
Sausage Tortellini Soup
- 1 lb regular pork sausage
- 1 small yellow onion, diced, about 1 cup (or half a medium onion)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup flour
- 7 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 24 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini*
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 oz fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups half and half
- In a medium/large size pot, add the sausage. Cook over medium heat until browned. Once sausage is cooked through, use a slotted spoon and transfer the meat to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the onion and carrots to the pan. Saute until the vegetables are tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the minced garlic, stir frequently, cooking for 1 minute more. Whisk in the flour. Cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Slowly add the chicken stock. Whisk to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil. When it reaches a boil, reduce heat to low, and cover. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese tortellini, salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper, spinach, and half and half. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese tortellini is warm. Serve immediately.