S’mores Mix is the perfect treat that brings together the nostalgic flavors of a campfire classic in an irresistibly snackable form. The combination of crunchy Teddy Grahams, rich chocolate chips, and mini fluffy marshmallows will remind you of warm summer nights spent around the campfire, toasting marshmallows and creating sweet memories.
There’s just something about summer and the warm weather that makes me crave s’mores all the time! I love popping in a quick S’mores in the Microwave or even make a tray of Oven S’mores to share! Either way, you can be sure we are loving all the s’mores flavor combinations this time of year.
Why This Recipe Works
- Perfect to-go snack. This chewy s’mores snack mix is the perfect summer take on trail mix. The s’mores trail mix brings your favorite campfire treat on the go and is the easiest thing to whip up!
- Easy snack for kids … and adults! This s’mores mix recipe is something I put together for my kiddos this summer … but I was digging in as well! This easy-to-make snack mix is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- Party snack. Whether you are throwing a summer party or a family movie night, this simply satisfying treat will curb your sweet tooth cravings and is easy to scale up for down.
- Milk Chocolate Chips: If you prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can use that. I was channeling the Hershey’s chocolate bars that we typically use for s’mores which is a milk chocolate bar, but feel free to use whatever type of chocolate you prefer in this delicious snack mix.
- Mini Marshmallows: Definitely want the miniature marshmallows to make this an easy-to-snack-on treat!
- Teddy Grahams: I used the honey teddy graham cookies. Lots of s’mores mix recipes out there use Golden Grahams … I wasn’t sold on it! I love the more robust cracker feel of the teddy grahams — plus my kiddos like the teddy pieces better too.
- Combine the s’mores mix ingredients. Add the milk chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and teddy grahams to a large bowl and mix. Store in an airtight container or serve. Enjoy!
This is a perfect recipe to use to create little favors or goodie bags to share at birthday parties, summer parties, family reunions, baby showers, for family road trips, as an after school snack and more!
Just use some cellophane bags with ribbons or twisty-ties and you are set.
If you’d like, you can add regular sized chocolate chips and mini chocolate chips to add a variety of sizes.
Feel free to add Golden Grahams (a graham cracker cereal) if you’d prefer. Or you can use a combination of rice Chex and Golden Grahams for a cereal s’mores mix.
Add some peanut butter chips for a fun peanut butter s’mores flavor!
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
You can make this s’mores snack mix ahead of time and store it in an airtight container or ziplock bag until you serve it.
Just note that the longer you have the ingredients mixed together, the sooner the teddy graham crackers will soften from the marshmallows. I would enjoy any leftover snack mix in the first two days.
With that in mind, it’s easy to make this in individual portions and eat through that before making a large batch you won’t eat quick enough (is that a thing?!).
What’s in a s’mores mix?
The building blocks of a campfire s’mores of course! Chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and teddy grahams (in place of the graham crackers). It’s such a fun s’mores party mix.
Yes you can. Feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can also add some peanut butter chips to create a Reese’s s’mores mix!
Over time, the teddy grahams will soften from the marshmallows in the mix. Eat the mix in the first 2 days, or simply mix a small bag together at a time.
More S’mores Recipes
- 11.5 oz milk chocolate chips
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 10 oz Teddy Grahams
- To a large bowl add the chocolate chips, marshmallows, and Teddy grahams. Use a large spoon, or your hands, to combine.
- Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag for 2-3 days. The graham crackers will soften slightly with time as they take on the moisture of the marshmallows, so I suggest enjoying this mix within the first few days.