Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard
Make this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and edible cookie dough. It’s the most popular item at Dairy Queen, and now you can make it right at home and enjoy it any time of year.
I’m a big fan of Dairy Queen blizzards, and the Reese’s Blizzard is another favorite blizzard! That’s why I created a recipe so I could make this DQ blizzard at home, too. If you love blizzards and milkshakes as much as my family, then you’ll want to save some of these keepers — Oreo Milkshake and Butterscotch Shake. Oh boy, SO yummy!
Why This Recipe Works
- Better than Dairy Queen cookie dough blizzard. Not only is this a homemade blizzard, but it tastes so much better! That’s thanks to fresh ice cream (not soft serve) and homemade edible cookie dough. So yummy!
- Homemade edible cookie dough. Follow my recipe to get the yummiest edible cookie dough that is easy to bite into even in the cold Dairy Queen chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard.
- Milk: In order to get the best consistency, you don’t want to add too much milk. 2 tablespoons will be enough. Add it first to make it easier for your blender.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Feel free to use whatever brand of ice cream you like best.
- Edible Cookie Dough: This edible cookie dough recipe is easy to make and ensures the cookie dough is completely safe to eat.
- Hot Fudge: Did you know the Diary Queen cookie dough blizzard has rich fudge in it? It adds a delicious chocolaty flavor to the cookie dough blizzard.
- Add the chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard ingredients to a blender. Pour 2 tablespoons milk to your blender. Add 5-6 cups vanilla ice cream, 2 tablespoons hot fudge, and half the edible cookie dough. Pulse until just combined. Do not over blend.
- Serve! Spoon the mixture into two serving glasses, filling about halfway, then add some more of the edible cookie dough, then finish filling up the cups. Drizzle with hot fudge and top with more cookie dough pieces if desired. Enjoy!
You may want to add a touch more milk in the cookie dough blizzard depending on if you want your blizzard to be more like a cookie dough milkshake.
No need to form the dough into chocolate chip cookie dough bites. Just add it to the blender and the blender will create the dough chunks while blending.
If you have an ice cream maker, you can make my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream.
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
You don’t really want to make this chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard recipe ahead of time or it will melt! Make it just prior to serving.
If you have any leftovers of the DQ cookie dough blizzard, store that in the freezer!
If you are wondering about the Diary Queen cookie dough blizzard, it is made with vanilla soft serve, fudge, and cookie dough. This chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard is the perfect copycat cookie dough blizzard recipe. The only difference is we use regular vanilla ice cream instead of soft serve and homemade edible cookie dough! Making this the best chocolate chip cookie dough blizzard ever.
This cookie dough blizzard recipe has edible cookie dough — completely safe to eat!
Sure. If you’d like a chocolate ice cream base, you can use that instead. Dairy Queen uses a creamy vanilla base.
More Ice Cream Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard
- Add milk or heavy cream to the bottom of a blender. Then add vanilla ice cream and pulse a few times. Add 2 T hot fudge (or more to taste) and 4 oz of edible cookie dough to the blender. Pulse until just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Spoon ice cream into a cup, filling halfway. Crumble the remaining cookie dough into small chunks and add half of it on top of the ice cream. Spoon more ice cream over the cookie dough until cup is full. Drizzle additional hot fudge and more cookie dough to the top, if desired.
- Enjoy immediately.