Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
This Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili is packed with black beans, corn, white beans, cilantro, onion, and chicken! The cream cheese makes for a creamy chicken chili, the dry ranch seasoning is the perfect complement to the chili flavors, and the toppings are equally delicious — serve with avocado, cheese, tortilla chips and sour cream.
Do you love White Chicken Chili? Then you will love this recipe too! More of a meaty chili fan? Then my Sweet and Spicy Chili will be your new favorite!
Why This Recipe Works
- Delicious flavor. You guys are going to love the flavor in this cream cheese chicken chili recipe! It is a definite crowd pleaser! The chili powder, cumin, fresh cilantro, and dry ranch seasoning make the perfect flavor that will keep you coming back for more!
- High protein meal. This meal is packed with black beans, white beans, and chicken for a high protein meal that will keep you full and is healthy too!
- Easy chili recipe. Simply add all the ingredients for this creamy white chicken chili to the crockpot and you are done! Let the crockpot do the cooking for a change 🙂
- Chicken Breasts: You can use fresh or frozen chicken breasts. The frozen will cook within the window given. You’ll pull the chicken breasts out and shred them on a plate then re-add them.
- Black Beans & Great Northern Beans: You are welcome to use more beans if you want! Sometimes I’ll add two cans of black beans if I really want to bulk it up. Any white bean will work. I used great northern beans.
- Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies: Do not drain this can. You want the juices from it! I used a can of rotel.
- Corn: If you are using canned corn, then keep the juices! You can also use a bag of frozen corn.
- Cumin: Cumin is a staple ingredient in Mild Taco Seasoning, so we are using it here to bring a slight taco flavor to this cream cheese chicken chili!
- Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix: The dry ranch seasoning is a distinguishing flavor for this creamy chicken chili! Add more or less to your liking. This is a ranch mix, not ranch dressing! You can use a full packet of ranch dressing mix if you have the packets.
- Chicken Broth: Reduce the chicken broth to 1/2 cup if you want a thicker chili.
- Cilantro: Chopped and packed, about 1/2 bunch. The fresh chopped cilantro adds a beautiful green color to the slow cooker cream cheese chicken chili while adding a fresh flavor!
- Cream Cheese: You can use full fat or reduced fat cream cheese. The chicken chili with cream cheese will provide an ultra creamy texture that is so delicious!
- Toppings: Some of our favorite toppings for this crock pot cream cheese chicken chili are tortilla chips, extra cilantro, sour cream, shredded cheese (the Mexican blend is our favorite!) and diced avocados!
- Add the chicken and beans to the crockpot. Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock pot. Then add the chopped onion and drained and rinsed beans.
- Add remaining ingredients. Add the undrained diced tomatoes with green chilies, the extra diced green chilis, corn, cumin, chili powder, and ranch seasoning. Pour the chicken broth on top and add the chopped cilantro. Place cream cheese on top.
- Cook. Cook the crock pot cream cheese chicken chili on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Remove the chicken breasts when done and fully cooked and shred with two forks on a cutting board. Return to the crockpot and cook for 10-15 minutes more. Stir in the cream cheese.
- Serve! Serve the cream cheese chicken chili in bowls and top with cheese, additional cilantro, sour cream, avocado and crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!
You can use regular cream cheese or reduced fat cream cheese for a lighter option.
Use just 1/2 cup of chicken broth for a thicker chili texture.
Feel free to add more corn or beans to bulk up the white chicken chili recipe!
You can use different beans too if you aren’t a fan of black beans or white beans. I love the contrast of color so I used both! You can use pinto beans if you’d prefer. Any white bean will do (such as cannellini beans) so don’t feel tied to great northern beans.
You can use a regular can of diced tomatoes and then an extra plain can of green chilies. If you are looking for diced tomatoes with green chilies, RO-TEL is the brand.
Make Ahead, Storing, and Freezing
This is a great recipe to make ahead of time! You can prepare the cans by draining and rinsing the beans; you can chop the onion and cilantro, ahead of time too.
You’ll need to start cooking the crockpot cream cheese chicken chili ahead of time since it needs to cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours so keep that in mind when you are planning dinner!
To freeze, let cool completely and then store in a freezer safe bag or airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Remove and let thaw in the fridge overnight.
To reheat, microwave on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or return to a crockpot and heat until warm.
Yes you can! I’ve made a double batch of this crockpot chicken chili and then froze a bunch of it in a freezer safe bag. It was perfect to serve at a later date for an easy freezer meal!
Yes it is! This recipe is packed with protein thanks to the beans and the chicken! Plus, you have all the fresh ingredients like corn, onion, and cilantro! The cream cheese provides necessary fat that our body needs. If you want to use a reduced fat cream cheese, you can.
Yes you can! If you have fresh corn, cut it off the cob and add that to the crockpot. If you want to use fresh tomatoes, dice them and add them as well! You may want to use 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth to make up for the liquid from the canned corn and canned diced tomatoes.
More Soup and Chili Recipes
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear about it! Leave a star rating and review or scroll below the recipe card and do so there.
Stay up-to-date by following us on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Pinterest.
Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
- 2 chicken breasts - fresh or frozen
- 1 small yellow onion - diced
- 15 oz can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can Great Northern beans - drained and rinsed
- 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies - undrained
- 15 oz whole corn - canned, undrained
- 8 oz can diced green chiles - undrained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup chicken broth - or water
- 1/2 cup cilantro - chopped and packed, about 1/2 bunch
- 8 oz cream cheese
- tortilla chips
- cilantro - chopped
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese - or Mexican cheese blend
- To a large slow cooker add the frozen (or thawed) chicken breast. On top of the breasts add the onion, drained and rinsed black beans and white beans.
- Add the undrained diced tomatoes with green chilies, canned corn, diced green chilies, chili powder, cumin, and ranch seasoning. Pour the chicken broth (or water is fine) overtop. Then add the cilantro. Place the cream cheese block overtop of everything.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board and shred the meat with two forks. Return the chicken to the crock pot and stir the cream cheese into the mixture. Cover and let cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the cream cheese has fully melted and incorporated evenly.
- Portion into bowls and garnish with cheese, cilantro, sour cream, avocado. We like to crush tortilla chips overtop too!
- Serve immediately.
5 Comments on “Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken Chili”
Is it about 1 lb of chicken that you use in the chili? Thank you!
Yes, about 1 lb – 1.5 lbs. Hope this helps! let me know if you have any other questions.
My husband said this is the best Chicken Chili he has ever had! I loved it as well. Followed the recipe as written. Will be making it again and again. Thanks.
Oh my, this looks so good! I’m moving soon, and one of the things I plan to get for my new kitchen is a crock pot, so I’ll try this wonderful recipe…thanks!
Can’t wait for you to try it!