Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream
This Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream recipe takes fresh whipped cream to a *new* level! Add some fresh fruit to your bowl of Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream and you have the perfect spring and summer dessert!
I’ve never been a big fan of Cool Whip. In all honesty, it doesn’t taste that good.
I was quite spoiled in my younger years. Whenever we had pumpkin pie, peach pie, or angel food cake, my mother would whip up some fresh whipped cream. And now I like to make coconut whipped cream too!
There’s nothing like fresh whipped cream. There isn’t!
I was introduced to this Fage Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream recipe a few years ago at a friends home.
She made the Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream and I provided a large bowl of chopped strawberries.
Dessert consisted of merely placing the Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream into a bowl and topping it with several spoonfuls of freshly chopped strawberries.
Best. Dessert. Ever.
This Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream is silky smooth, creamy, sweet, and tangy.
It is absolute perfection!!
I stated above that this is the ultimate spring and summertime dessert. But truth be told, we ate this all winter long.
How to make Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream:
- Whip the cold, heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Add the greek yogurt to the freshly whipped cream. Mix to combine.
Which Greek Yogurt brand is the best to use, and why?
- Fage Greek yogurt is our absolute favorite! I purchase the Fage 0% (they sell them at Costco)!!
- Fage Greek yogurt is super thick, it feels as though you’re scooping out ice cream when you go to serve yourself this treat. (Note, this is not sponsored. I just really love their yogurt).
Just 1 cup of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt provides 23 grams of protein and only 9 grams of sugar! That’s incredible!
Friends, this is the perfect treat during the spring and summer.
It satisfies the sweet tooth, fills you up (thanks to the greek yogurt protein boost), it’s light enough not to weigh you down, AND so refreshing! You will not experience any sense of guilt when eating this!
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
Greek Yogurt Whipped Cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup (heaping) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup Fage plain greek yogurt - *we LOVE this brand!
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or you can use hand beaters), add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Beat on medium high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the greek yogurt to the whipped cream. Mix on medium speed for 15 seconds or until fully incorporated.
- Serve! You can also put it in the fridge to chill. This is best served the same day. *