Strawberry Lime Mojito Mocktail
As you’re gearing up for holiday parties, spruce up your menu with this fun Strawberry Lime Mojito Mocktail!
Yay for delicious virgin drinks! The thing is… not everyone drinks alcohol. This is a great kid-friendly mocktail that is perfect for ringing in the New Year. And having a virgin drink option for people who don’t drink alcohol is just a courteous thing to do.
This virgin strawberry lime mojito is exactly what you need! Not only is it beautiful to look at, it’s refreshing and tastes AH-MAZING!!
Immediately after taking these photos I drank two of the 4 glasses… ? I don’t even feel bad about it.
What do you need to make Strawberry Lime Mojito Mocktails
- You need strawberries
- mint leaves
If you have those 4 ingredients, you’re in business!
How to make a Strawberry Mocktail
First, grab a pitcher. It doesn’t need to be fancy. Place the strawberries (stems removed) and mint leaves into the pitcher.
Using a muddle, or the back of a wooden spoon, muddle the fruit and leaves.
You want to smash those strawberries really well! Muddling is all about extracting the juices from the fruit and mint leaves.
When muddling the mint leaves, don’t be too aggressive. You want to extract their juices as well, but you don’t want the mint leaves to tear and shred to pieces. It’s a balance. Isn’t everything
Once you get the strawberries and mint leaves muddled to perfection, add the lime juice. If you don’t like tart drinks, add 1/8 cup of lime juice. If you like a tarter drink add 1/4 cup lime juice. I like tart drinks so I added 1/4 cup lime juice.
After adding the lime juice, add Sprite to the pitcher.
If you don’t want to use Sprite, use Ginger ale. I used Sprite because to me it tastes sweeter. If you use something besides Sprite, just note you might want to add a couple tablespoons of sugar to the pitcher. If you taste the drink as you go, you can easily adapt it to your taste buds.
Once the Sprite has been added, stir everything together.
Add crushed ice to your glasses and pour the virgin strawberry lime mojito into each glass.
Whether you serve this at a summer barbecue, or at a holiday party to ring in the New Year your guests will surely love it!
Craving more? SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there!
Strawberry Lime Mojito Mocktail
- 12-14 Strawberries, stems removed
- 8 Large mint leaves, if they are on the small size add12 mint leaves
- 2 3/4 cups Sprite*
- 1/8 cup Fresh lime juice*
- Mint leaves
- Lime slices
- Add strawberries and mint leaves to a pitcher. Using a muddle (or a wooden spoon), muddle the strawberries and mint leaves. You're basically crushing then strawberries and mint leaves to extract the juices. Be careful as you don't want to tear the mint leaves to pieces.
- Add the lime juice and Sprite to the pitcher. Stir.
- Ion the joint glasses add enough crushed ice to fill the glass 3/4 full. Pour the virgin mojito mixture over the ice. Garnish with extra mint and lime slices. Serve immediately.