Prosciutto Blackberry Basil Pizza
This Prosciutto Blackberry Basil Pizza is fresh, filling, and addicting. This pizza will make a regular appearance in your dinner rotation.
I love pizza. But let’s be honest, everyone loves pizza.
I’m a big fan of unique pizzas. Ricotta on pizza has to be one of my favorite things. Or even lettuce and avocado. I have a delicious CPK Copycat pizza recipe, I’ll have to share that with you soon!
Speaking of unique pizza, where I live there’s a restaurant called Pizzeria Limone. Our family ate there months ago and we really enjoyed it. This restaurant has a unique take on pizzas. One of them was this blackberry prosciutto pizza.
I would have never thought to put blackberries on pizza. But it works. If you’re short on time, use store bought pizza dough. I happened to have pizza dough sitting in my fridge from a previous dinner, so I used that. My favorite pizza dough ever can be found here. I add cornmeal to my pizza stone to prevent the dough from sticking. This has done wonders for me! In the past, I would use flour, but I prefer the cornmeal.
After rolling out the dough, place it on your pizza stone. Then add marinara, mozzarella, prosciutto, and blackberries.
After you bake the pizza, top it with fresh basil. Eat, and enjoy!
Craving more delicious dinner recipes? Check out these:
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE TO SALT & BAKER to get new recipes and newsletters delivered straight to your inbox! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there. And stay in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Prosciutto Blackberry & Basil Pizza
- 1 1/2 -2 cups Marinara
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella
- 6 slices Prosciutto
- 8-10 blackberries
- Store bought pizza dough, or homemade
- fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Roll out the pizza dough into a thin layer. I roll mine to about 1/4" thick. We like our crust thin, so I shoot for 1/4" thick or even thinner.
- Sprinkle some cornmeal on a pizza stone. Place the pizza dough on the pizza stone. If you like crust, roll some of the edge up to create a crust. Place the dough in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pizza dough from the oven. Spread marina on over the dough. You can add however much you like. I prefer less sauce. You'll want to just eye-ball it and do it to your liking. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the sauce. Add the prosciutto. (We used about 5 slices of Prosciutto because that's all I had. You're welcome to use more if you'd like)!
- Now, scatter the blackberries across the pizza. I kept some of mine whole, and then cut some of mine in half.
- Place the pizza in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and the crust is cooked throughout.
- Lastly, remove from the oven. Add fresh basil, slice, and serve!